Need Pila GL4 12v Bulb (UK)

Underworld_Magic

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

The time has come to replace my Pila GL4 bulb (which is 12v) i live in the UK so really require a store which does it in the UK.

Ive searched everywhere in search engines and no results. Ive checked extreme outdoor gear as well and they dont stock the GL4 bulbs.

also while im here i also would like a which LED tailcap as well :)

can you UK flashaholics direct me to a website please?

Thanks

Underworld_Magic

Newly Enlightened
thanks for your reply.

If Wolf Eyes is compatable (can someone please confirm that please) then will i get te same amount of Lumen output as the Pila GL4 as i used to?

thanks again

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Underworld_Magic said:
If Wolf Eyes is compatable (can someone please confirm that please) then will i get te same amount of Lumen output as the Pila GL4 as i used to?
Wolf Eyes' original 12V D36 lamp was the very same lamp as the lamp in the GL4 and GL4R.

If you use only nonrechargeable cells, order the 12V D36. If you use only rechargeable cells, get the 9V D36; it will be whiter than the 12V lamp, which was quite a bit underdriven when powered by two rechargeables. Pila used the 12V lamp in their rechargeable Gl4R so that no one would accidently hot-flash a 9V lamp by running four 3V cells.

Underworld_Magic

Newly Enlightened
Ive just seen the 12V D36 Xenon Bulb by Wolf Eyes and its stated that this is 300 Lumens!!!!

will this one fit in my Pila GL4? how long would you say this will last in my torch running on 4 123a batteries?

will the original front Pila lense be able to handle the amouth of heat from this lamp, because the original Pila 12v bulb was just 195 lumens.

Thanks

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Underworld_Magic said:
Ive just seen the 12V D36 Xenon Bulb by Wolf Eyes and its stated that this is 300 Lumens!!!!
Correct. Output has been boosted by about 50 percent.

will this one fit in my Pila GL4?
Yes.
how long would you say this will last in my torch running on 4 123a batteries?
50 minutes.

will the original front Pila lense be able to handle the amouth of heat from this lamp, because the original Pila 12v bulb was just 195 lumens.
It's not the lumens that determines heat, but rather then power draw. The old 195-lumen 12V lamp was rated for 45 minutes constant on. So power and heat should be essentially unchanged. With its extra mass and abundant fins, the Pila / Wolf Eyes 45mm head is extremely well cooled.

Alan1224

Newly Enlightened
Paul_in_Maryland said:
Correct. Output has been boosted by about 50 percent.

It depends on when and where you buy. I heard that only the newest lamp assembly are so bright.

It was stated that Wolf-eyes used to offer Pila OEM service, therefore, all the Pila's original products were produced by Wolf-eyes.