How many Mah ARC premium edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
the reason i am asking is,

if you pull to much current from a alkaline battery, you will get a greatly reduced runtime, compared to the equivalent lithium.

Energizer webite capacity.

aaa lithium 1250mah

aaa alkaline 1250mah

regards.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are a pain to measure, relatively, so I don't actually know what mine is pulling. BUT, it is a fair bit more effecient circuit than the Dorcy with the same LED (actually, the LED won't change the draw from the stock Dorcy one). My Dorcy draws just short of 300 ma off a near-new alkaline. It is around 200 ma on a NiMH. Don't own lithiums, sorry. So given as I recall something like 50% more run time for the Arc, I would guess it is near the 200 ma mark on fresh alkaline. Lighthound has an alkaline run time plot here: http://www.lighthound.com/info/runtime.htm Looks pretty good, Peter recommends alkalines for them, and for my $$, I use them and am happy. Hope that is helpfull.

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
a arc ls2 premium should flow about 320 ma thru the led

depending on what the vf of the led is it should pull about 400 ma from a 3 volt battery

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
My non-premo, original, AAA consumes about 200 mA; only about 70mA (I think) actually goes through the LED. I'll have to measure my two new regular versions. I don't think the premium draws any more current - it's just a more efficient LED.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Power consumption at 1.5volts is between 200 and 300 mA. The current to the LED is about 45mA maximum and slowly falling over the life of the battery.

The boost circuit is partially current regulated.

Peter

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I concur: my three AAAs draw 260, 280 & 300mA from a fresh alk. The brightest one does not draw the most current and is within striking distance of the Fenix LOP for output. The LOP, however, consumes between 700 - 900 mA depending on cell chemistry

Status
Not open for further replies.