Flashaholics -- I've always wondered...

Leef

Enlightened
...what does one have to do to be considered a flashaholic and have that title in one's postings?

Just lemme know and I'll do my best.:naughty:

carrot

Flashaholic
At least 100 posts, I believe... but post counting is frowned upon.

To be a flashaholic in real life, not just the title, you have to have spent more on lights than the average person, in my opinion... and keep wanting more.

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
When the gas electric and cable have all been shut off and you are sitting in the middle of your living room under a blanket munching on a dinner of moldy bread and tap water, surrounded by a wash of light from over $2k worth of diode, metal and lithium, then you, my friend, have arrived.

:naughty:

dim

Enlightened
Flashaholism is in the heart.

One can own many flashlights and still not be a flashaholic, I suppose. Yet, another can own just one flashlight and be able to admire its workmanship, technology, purpose and, of course, the light, the light. Now THATS a flashaholic.

Judge not a flashaholic by the value of his flashlights. If a flashaholic is to be judged at all, then it is by how much he values his flashlights.

dim

greenLED

Flashaholic
Flashaholism goes beyond lights. At this stage, it's about the friendships I've made and the community I am part of.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Flashaholic or Flashaholic* or *Flashaholic*? Hmmm. . .

I'm guessing that when all them lights appear brighter than you are and you want BRIGHTER still!

bikeg

Newly Enlightened
Heh,

Kinda of like those real men of genius songs for bud.

We salute you flashlightcollectormodderinsanefanatic!

You can take a 2.00 light.

Or all 852 of your lights

And turn into a photon death beam

If the sun ever fails to rise Mr flashlightcollectormodderinsanefanatic!

You will be ready.

Last edited:

ScottyJ

Enlightened
dim said:
Flashaholism is in the heart.

One can own many flashlights and still not be a flashaholic, I suppose. Yet, another can own just one flashlight and be able to admire its workmanship, technology, purpose and, of course, the light, the light. Now THATS a flashaholic.

Judge not a flashaholic by the value of his flashlights. If a flashaholic is to be judged at all, then it is by how much he values his flashlights.

dim

That is the way I see it.

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Flashaholics?

Using what my old signature line says, 'you know you are a flashaholic, when someone ask you for a "light", and you pull out your 2nd light from your left pocket..." :laughing:

tron3

Banned
The definition of an alcolholic is probably the guys who walks into a bar and says to the bartender, "I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having."
:buddies:

But there are all kinds of flashaholics so you will get all kinds of opinions.

Some are just collectors, others want a really nice and bright light for work or pleasure. Some will say, "A true flashaholic mods his lights."

"Let's get him!" - Oops....force of habit. :p

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenLED said:
Flashaholism goes beyond lights. At this stage, it's about the friendships I've made and the community I am part of.

True to that. I could proabably pretty easily figure out what light I wanted next by myself, but what fun is that?

tron3

Banned
thesurefire said:
True to that. I could proabably pretty easily figure out what light I wanted next by myself, but what fun is that?

Flashaholism is a bit like wealth. What fun is it when you have no one to share it with. That's why Mr. Burns is so unhappy.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
A flashaholic might be the person who never misses a pass down the flashlight aisle in whatever store they might be in, or who visits this forum more than three times a day.

Geoff

tron3

Banned
Flying Turtle said:
A flashaholic might be the person who never misses a pass down the flashlight aisle in whatever store they might be in, or who visits this forum more than three times a day.

Geoff

Guilty. :crazy:

dcarch8

Newly Enlightened
I disagree with all of you so far.

You are not a Flashaholic unless you are admitted by F.A. (Flashaholics Anonymous) and you have failed rehab at least 5 times.

:devil:

dcarch8

Leef

Enlightened
I just got a new light, put it in my pocket, and was walking home across a bridge. Enamored with the new light and not paying attention, I tripped and fell over the side and tumbled down a long way. When I got to the bottom, I felt something broken and the first thing I said was, "Oh lord, I hope that's bones!" Does that make me a flashaholic?:mecry:

Flashlight Enthusiast
Leef said:
...what does one have to do to be considered a flashaholic and have that title in one's postings?

Just lemme know and I'll do my best.:naughty:

You must carry at least 3 lights EDC daily....

Oops, I mean reach a certain post total...

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
pfmedic said:
When the gas electric and cable have all been shut off and you are sitting in the middle of your living room under a blanket munching on a dinner of moldy bread and tap water, surrounded by a wash of light from over $2k worth of diode, metal and lithium, then you, my friend, have arrived.

:naughty:

Being a flashaholic means that you get excited when your gas, electric and cable have been shut off so that you can light up your house with your flashlights.

-Goatee