How do you plan to greet the new MagLED products when they are available?

When the new MagLED lights are available:

• I will likely buy one of the new MagLED mini-mags

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • I will Likely buy one of the new MagLED full size lights

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I will likely buy both

Votes: 22 14.1%
  • I'm taking a wait and see attitude on these lights

Votes: 67 42.9%
  • I don't plan to buy their new lights

Votes: 35 22.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have heard alot of reports from the shotsow. I'm interested in seeing how our members will respond, once the new MagLED lights are officially released?

CLHC

Flashaholic
Don't know about you, but I'll buy one or two just to see how it is. I'm guessing here, but that's what a flashaholic does right?

martytoo

Newly Enlightened
Hello Mr. and Mrs. Maglight!, nice to make your acquaintance. :wave:

ginaz

Enlightened
as a flashaholic i must buy both. i don't anticipate them to be too terribly expensive, does anyone have pricing data? i'm hoping the new led "bulb" will be usable in other lights ala the sears worklight.

ScottyJ

Enlightened
What the heck would I want something so big and awckward for? (They are big and awckward, aren't they?)

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
ginaz said:
i don't anticipate them to be too terribly expensive, does anyone have pricing data? i'm hoping the new led "bulb" will be usable in other lights ala the sears worklight.
From the pocketlights blog day 2 shot show:
The C/D-cell LED Maglites will be available in mid April and have a MSRP of $35 - $40. The LED retrofit modules will be available in mid May and cost between $20 - $22. The AA LED Mini Maglites will ship in mid June. The 2 AA LED Mini Maglite costs around $25 and the 3 AA LED Mini Maglite and cost around $27. Maglite will continue to sell its traditional incandescent flashlights in addition to its new LED Maglites.
http://www.pocketlights.com/blog/blog.html
The upgrade bulb looks wider than a standard PR bulb and probably will not fit non-maglights.

Last edited:

tron3

Banned
ScottyJ said:
What the heck would I want something so big and awckward for? (They are big and awckward, aren't they?)

I believe you mean to say awkward, but yes, they can be large. The funny thing is, most guys want a really nice flashlight and don't mind if it is big. Bigger is better and usually more power in the mag world.

Flashaholics and the more learned people want something small, and probably don't mind if it is less bright. They just want "something that lights up".

I could be wrong but would have start a poll to make sure. :ironic:

<No, I'm not really going to make one.>

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to see what reviewers and other CPF members have to say, then I'll probably go out and buy a 3AAA. Already have a Mini-Mag with a TLE-5 and a stock Magcharger that're doing good duty.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am curious,
As a modded minimag/2D Mag LED owner, it peaks my interest to see how they compare after all these years. I can imagine it now... "Hey! Is that one of those new 2D Mag-LEDs?" Uhhhh, not exactly (blasting them with a 400 lumen K2 photon blast)
After 20 years of using minimags, the first advancement is something I would like to see.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've often used a 3 or 4 D-cell Maglight as a hammer to pound in tent stakes in hard ground. Occasionally the bulb will blow from the repeated rough impacts. The LED versions should hold up better. I'll probably also get a MiniMag LED just out of curiosity to see how it compares to my various drop-in equipped MiniMags.

-Keith

Flashlight Enthusiast
ScottyJ said:

Runtime has been reported to be 20 hours at full power in the 4-D models.

So, if you want 20 hour runtime at max output, size isn't an issue. Total runtime is probably closer to 100 hours, based on how leds often have a long tail in the runtime graphs. A good hiking or woods light, where size doesn't matter.

If this holds true, I'll be the 4D to have something that can run forever at full power, at good output and throw.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll read the reviews and go look at the lights and talk to the people who have bought them. I won't be buying them.

I think that one of the by products of M/\G going into the LED light business is that there will actually be a higher demand among flashaholics for brighter and smaller M/\G mods.

It won't be long before the M/\Gs with LEDs start hitting the streets in huge numbers and non-flashaholics will soon be pulling out their shiny new M/\Gs with LEDs and asking us what we think. I know that there will be some here who will want to say, "Oh yeah, well take a look at what M/\G could have done with their lights if they really had it together!" Of course, they will then pull out a chopped M/\G that blows away any of M/\G's new LED offerings. (The cut down 1xCR2 MM mod springs to mind.) It seems to me that this almost has to happen, at least to a certain extent.

Just my guess.

Last edited:

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I plan on buying probably all different variations that become available. I wonder when they'll start up another TV ad campaign to trumpet thier new lights.