TEAM CPF: Folding@Home

drizzle

Enlightened
Re: TEAM CPF

Sounds like a worthwhile use of my idle computer. If you make a team I'll download the software and join.

wijawara

Newly Enlightened

Quote:

New team LumenFold with number 49293 has been founded by wijawara
(The team page will link to homepage at and link to a logo graphic at

Any client program can contribute to the statistics for this team by putting the number 49293 in the team field
(right-click to configure a client program)

-------------------------------------------------------
This is the team with the name LumenFold, number '49293'. Is this ok with the moderators if I change the name to 'CPFold'.

carrot

Flashaholic

Since my own team was a failed attempt at getting to the top, my next work units will be attributed to CPF. :D

Previous score: 12144, Work units: 81

WJ, you should rename this thread to 'TEAM CPF: Folding@Home' or something equally descriptive so people know what it's all about.

Last edited:

drizzle

Enlightened
Okay I downloaded and installed it. I'm CPF_drizzle and I joined the team.

I have a question that I didn't see answered in the FAQ. I chose to have it run as a screensaver but when I look at my screen properties window, under the screensaver tab it still shows my old screensaver. Are they going to conflict with each other?

Added: Well, they did conflict. I decided to run it all the time instead of only as a screensaver and not have it display as a screensaver.

Last edited:

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I want to say that there's already a CPF folding team, but it's been a long time since I was into folding...

Brock

Flashaholic
Yup you guys are to quick for me ;)

Yes it is indeed

http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=32102

We need a few more people we are slipping in our ranking, we were at one point just under a team ranking of 200 and are now slowly sliding down the list. I only run it on two computers now, I had one of mine fail and never got around to fixing it, but it was only a 400 mhz anyway.

Bob_G

Enlightened
I've been wondering why I never saw any DC talk here. A lot of forums have a DC sub-forum. My last project folded (no pun intended) and the team went to F@H, but got upset (whining baby syndrome) with them, so I'm on a team now with a grand total of 3 members. Soon to be two :)

Here's another stats page - I like it better than the factory one.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would love to join this team as I have a pretty new computer here, but what will it cost me? My PSU and processor running at full load? 375 watts + 90W 24'' LCD running all day long? I guess I could turn off the monitor but still 375 watts is a lot to be running for 24hrs a day.

Bob_G

Enlightened
That's not how it works at all. If your computer is on, it's free. If you don't run it 24/7, and start, then it's pennies a day I'd think. Some smart guy can do the math.

My box has been on 24/7 for years.

The monitor has nothing to do with it, unless you do something weird like run it as a screen saver, which you shouldn't anyway.