Surefire L4 pics

ront

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up an L4 a couple of days ago and thought I would post a couple of pics. I hope you like them.
What a great little light this is. I am amazed by how bright it is for the size of the flashlight. I do plan on getting the KL1 lamp to use with it also.
P2183753.jpg

P2183742.jpg
P2183747_edited-1.jpg

Ron

Last edited:

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L4 is a great light. It's the only light I use that has no modifications to its light-generating components (I do have a delrin tailswitch shroud, but that's it).

The KL1 is nice, but I find it doesn't add much utility over the KL4 (unless runtime is a big factor for you).

Congrats on your purchase, you won't be disappointed.

ront

Newly Enlightened
Runtime is the only reason I am considering the KL1. I need to look into some of the rechargable batts for this light also.

Ron

ront

Newly Enlightened
The Spyderco is a Kopa in Cocabola wood. There are several of them using different materials. It is a limited edition run of 600 pcs each.

Ron

Numbers

Enlightened
I have the L4 also and am just about to order the E2L, for run time and throw. (and to use as a kind of spare battery carrier).
I am sorry to hear the comment about not adding much utility.
Tyler could you expand on that?
Espesially since SF now says the L4 puts out 100 lumens, and the E2L is rated at 30, these lights must serve different purposes and compliment each other instead of overlapping eachother.
I wanted the E2L because from what I have read these two lights together would handle most non hi power situations in a small form factor.
I bought the L4 first because I thought it was the more desirable of the two lights. Should I pass on the E2L?

Heck

Enlightened
Here's my L4. Awesome light even if it's been around for awhile. I wish they would make one with the X200 head, so it'd be basically an E2L with more lumens, and the usaul approx 1 hour burn time....E2x? Wouldn't take much effort in doing so too. I guess they want people to buy the Kroma instead.

sfl4picb.jpg

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
Numbers said:
I have the L4 also and am just about to order the E2L, for run time and throw. (and to use as a kind of spare battery carrier).
I am sorry to hear the comment about not adding much utility.
Tyler could you expand on that?
Espesially since SF now says the L4 puts out 100 lumens, and the E2L is rated at 30, these lights must serve different purposes and compliment each other instead of overlapping eachother.
I wanted the E2L because from what I have read these two lights together would handle most non hi power situations in a small form factor.
I bought the L4 first because I thought it was the more desirable of the two lights. Should I pass on the E2L?

It's not that the KL1 is bad, it's just that if you already have the KL4, you can probably get more bang for your buck elsewhere. Personally, I got rid of all of my KL1s and only use the KL4 now.

If runtime is really a concern, the KL1 is worth looking into. However, you would probably be better off getting a two-stage switch for the KL4, which will let you use two levels of light without switching heads out.

blgoode

Newly Enlightened
I have an L4 on the way as a daily carry E2L. For me the E2L have the perfect work light throw. Bright enough to cut through atmospheric lighting and look into detailed parts of a digital press I help run at work. The E2L has more of a spot throw and the L4 has a wide flood / spill throw. The E2L concentrates the light in a tighter spot so the lower watt head, acts light a higher watt one.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Welcome to the L4 club. I've been a proud owner for over a year and I truly enjoy the Light.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I mostly edc my L4 (actually a KL4 with Tranquility Base's 1X18650 body). Great runtime, and regulation. In the standard L4 body one 17650, or Pila 168s would work fine.

Bill

The Porcupine

Enlightened
Congrats! The L4 is one of my favorite lights!
sfl4g.jpg

Even though the KL4 head is outstanding, I really like the KL1 as well!

Numbers

Enlightened
Thanks tylerdurden
Those were my initial thoughts also. That's why I bought the L4 first. But the bug seems to have gotten me. I want another light. I will sit on the KL1 for now and get the 2 stage switch first then take it from there. Got to buy something!

lhouseman

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to this forum and I'm already hooked. Based on your recommendations, I recently bought an L4. The Surefire batteries started at approx 3.25 volts and are down to 2.85 and the light seems to be working fine. Can someone tell me at what voltage reading to expect the big dropoff in output. Thanks

PS - I also bought a couple of G2s and a Streamlight TL-3 and would have the same battery question re: these.

Thanks again