His neighbors probably hate him.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

edison

Enlightened
OK, fess up. Which one of you is it? :)

http ://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/xmaslights.html

The direct link to a video has been disabled. The video contains an exploit attempt defined here.

The video also had a discussion thread just before Christmas. Thread closed. - Empath

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
O great...now I've the song that accompanies this video as an earworm. :/
There is a prescribed method of eliminating earworms, but I'm not familiar with the song you are supposed to listen (or "listen") to. :green:

edison

Enlightened
The_LED_Museum said:
O great...now I've the song that accompanies this video as an earworm. :/.......
Just imagine how the neighbors feel. Permanent earworm. :green:
(If the music really played loudly outside the house and not just in the video.)

:crackup:

Oh man, it's killing me. Every time I watch it, especially during the last few seconds when all of the lights are going completely berserk and lighting up the adjacent houses, I can't stop laughing.

I'm really curious why someone would do this. I'm thinking it must have been a contest of some kind, or perhaps the owner of the house used it as a demo or advertisement for a business. Maybe he sells special effect lighting equipment.

Anyway, I can hope that he did it purely for fun, or because he wanted to anger his neighbors.
I find that possibility much more humorous.

Last edited:

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
Actualy,

I think the music was a low power FM broadcast on a disused station. That way the people in passing by in cars could listen to the music. I don't believe there were any loudspeakers outside.

The guy is an electric engineer, he did do it for "fun", and he promised his nighbors and the police that he'd shut the display down if there were any complaints or traffic problems. He was all over the news and the Internet (and there was a huge thread here). I'm surprised you all missed this...

After a minor car accident between spectators that it took the police hours to reach, he shut it down for a week at the request of the city.

He then cashed in when Miller Brewing co. paid him to use video of his house and the soundtrack, (presumably royalties to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra "Christmas in Sarjeivo") as their Christmas commercial.

For what else, but Miller "Lite" beer...

edison

Enlightened
AJ_Dual said:
.......I think the music was a low power FM broadcast on a disused station. That way the people in passing by in cars could listen to the music. I don't believe there were any loudspeakers outside........
That is so cool.

I never would have guessed that he was broadcasting the music heard in the video, but it makes perfect sense. What a neat project.

Thanks for posting!

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
The_LED_Museum said:
O great...now I've the song that accompanies this video as an earworm. :/
There is a prescribed method of eliminating earworms, but I'm not familiar with the song you are supposed to listen (or "listen") to. :green:

the song is called popcorn... if you can't find it anywhere, just gimme a shout, I'll send it to you :)

great lights on that house tho. I saw another version too with barbara streisands version of jingle bells as the background music... This is way better tho :)

Status
Not open for further replies.