ordered Streamlight propolymer 4aa luxeon :)

randyo

Enlightened
That's my fault! I just bought 6 of them last week for the crew at work. All they had left was the black bodies, and we snarfed 'em up quick. Can't beat the price. Another killer light for the $$ is the 3 Watt Nuwaii ALX-233C. Similar throw to the Propoly 4AA Lux, but more spread as well. Finely crafted aluminum, about 9" long. When you feed it the 3 C-cells, it gives you a nice sized "Bash-light", should you need to defend yourself. 3 levels - Hi-Med-Low, and a blink mode as well. It goes as low as $30 if you shop around. Fantastic light for the money.

jbay

Newly Enlightened
MayCooper said:
Just got a message from Fox... They are out of stock, so I'll have to wait for my light until the second week of march :(

Thats too bad they're out of stock . I'll sell you mine for $80 . :crackup:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whew! I'm glad you came forward. I thought it had something to do with the 6 that I bought ... but that was last month, so it must have been you :) .

randyo said:
That's my fault! I just bought 6 of them last week for the crew at work.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
randyo said:
Another killer light for the $$ is the 3 Watt Nuwaii ALX-233C. Similar throw to the Propoly 4AA Lux, but more spread as well. Finely crafted aluminum, about 9" long. When you feed it the 3 C-cells, it gives you a nice sized "Bash-light", should you need to defend yourself. 3 levels - Hi-Med-Low, and a blink mode as well. It goes as low as $30 if you shop around. Fantastic light for the money.

Thanks for that info. I was kind of looking for a "bash-light" using 3 C batts. I also wanted it to be LED. I hadn't seen that one before.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Second week of March! ? Wow! Anyways, when you get it, Enjoy! It is a great light for its price.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a couple from FOX in Dec. upon arrival I immediately bought three more!:sold: I sent one to my 91 y.o. Grandmom. Since she is not a flashaholic she thought it looked like a conventional incan . that was my intention :naughty:

of course that innocent looking yellow and black PRO POLY made quite an impression!!:whistle:

I see now that they are out of stock. that explains why FOX has not sent me my replacement :awman: for one of the lights that had a bad switch.

SuperNinja

Enlightened
tsask said:
I sent one to my 91 y.o. Grandmom. Since she is not a flashaholic she thought it looked like a conventional incan . that was my intention :naughty:
That head can be hard to unscrew. Can she handle that?

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
this_is_nascar said:
Try BrightGuy. They're great to do business with.
I agree! good folks, good selection. I'm sure they are sad to hear about FOX running out at $23 each.:laughing: I've been getting my CR123s there exclusively from Brightguy for a while now.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
SuperNinja said:
That head can be hard to unscrew. Can she handle that?
Good point. I hadn't thought of that.:awman:

Batteries should give 4 hours regulated at full power.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
I did look at some other dealers. But there are some problems I ran into...

- European/dutch dealers are too friggin expensive (try 50+ euro for this light)
- A lot of US based dealers wont ship overseas
- The brightguy website said it was out of stock with them too (and so it did on many webshops)

But I can wait... I have enough lights to play with to get me to the second week of march :) Biggest problem I see now is that the arrival of this light is going to be a bit close to ordering my next :) Got a birthday coming up on the 26th of march, and I was planning to treat myself to a Surefire L4 :rock:

I ordered a black one online on 21st and I haven't been told they're out of stock.

Anyways, $30 shipped for just a flashlight is pretty darn expensive to me and it better be justifiably good.

jbay

Newly Enlightened
Handlobraesing said:
I ordered a black one online on 21st and I haven't been told they're out of stock.

Anyways, $30 shipped for just a flashlight is pretty darn expensive to me and it better be justifiably good.

You will love it and become a Pro Poly Luxeon wacko convert religious experience oh lord rollin in the isle nut case like the rest of us.
Your results may very but I doubt it . If for any reason when you get it and find out it isn't as good as you expected , than you should make an appointment to have your head examined .

Honestly I hope you do like it and have lots of fun with it.

gilles44

Newly Enlightened
Fox has significantly increased shipping cost to Europe :
Was $8.70 in october, $13.00 now !!! -> +50%
Not very kind...

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rates for shipping and fuel have also increased significantly. I don't know if the $8.70 is accurate, but $13 for shipping to Europe is still cheap and may indeed be lower than the actual cost of mailing if they're using Global Priority mail through USPS, at best it is probably pretty close to the actual cost. If it is shipped one of the private carriers like UPS or FedEX then the $13 charge would only be a small fraction of the actual cost.

gilles44 said:
Fox has significantly increased shipping cost to Europe :
Was $8.70 in october, $13.00 now !!! -> +50%
Not very kind...