What to Upgrade To?

RemingtonBPD

Enlightened
Ok well my Z2 has seen better days...had it since they came out. Now it has been demoted to the bottom of the duty belt chain, and no longer goes out with me. Here is the problem: Accidently turned on in my bag and the lense melted...that was the first issue..second, dropped it and now it doesn't even work.

I want to put it back to work, but need to know what the best upgrade option would be for the head. Suggestions?

Thanks

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
First, welcome to CPF-

The Z2 is an excellent light and really a standard by now. Newer ones have a Pyrex lens which will eliminate the melting problem. You can buy a new stock Z44 bezel for about $20. You can upgrade to an M2 shock isolated bezel for about $40.

The drop most likely caused a damaged lamp assembly. Hard to say for sure.

I suggest you call SF and make an arrangement to send it in for service. Might take a while, but you indicated it is sort of a spare at this time. SF might just put it back in good order for free. Tell them it is a long carried duty light and what happened to it.

Mark

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

RemingtonBPD

Enlightened
Thanks for the welcome, and the ideas. Is SF pretty good about repairing their lights, even after such a long time of ownership? I am tempted to do that, but also really like the idea of replaing it with a better head.

CLHC

Flashaholic
SureFire is good at repairing/replacing customers flashlights. But their turnaround time can be a while. Anyways, regarding the "upgrade" head part, there's the link that Leukos referred to—Lighthound.

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!