SF KL3 1 watt???

UWAK

Enlightened
I have SF 6P and love the look of the old KL3 1 watt. Do you guys have negatives experience with that LED head replacement especially about the tint? Thx.

FRIDS

CiTY

Enlightened
I have 2 of them, the tints are ok on both of them, one is brighter than the other. The brighter one is slightly blue, the other one is slightly yellow. Nice heavy duty design, like a king size heat sink.

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
Yep, the old (generation-1) KL3 LED head is kinda interesting.

It was built for short-to-mid-range flood... with exceptionally long (4-5 hours+) well-regulated runtime. As such, it makes a fine emergency (i.e., power outage, etc.) light, and it makes a great "battery drainer" for milking the last bits of juice from batts that are too weak to power most other lights. It also works well as a night walks light in the woods or dark streets where there is no competing ambient light to wash out its soft/wide beam.

Mine does have a greenish tint, but it's only noticeable when "white wall hunting." Overall, the KL-3 gen-1 is like an Inova X5T (flood light) on steroids: about 2 1/2 times as bright. Its grooved multi-fins (for effective heat disipation) kinda give it the appearance of a Dr. Poopchute's polyp-reaming proctoscope from an Alien planet. Cool!

The NEW KL3 (gen-2) is a totally different light head. It's a pure narrow-beamed thrower, albeit with a nice flat regulation profile. By the way, Pelican's new M6 3w LED (2390) is kinda a combination of the old KL3's flood (albeit weaker) and the new KL3's throw, beam wise.

Those old KL3s are becoming hard to find. If you want a tough, nicely-regulated, long runtime flood light for inside (and short-range outside) use, grab one now. It'll quietly do the job... without destroying your night vision and begetting unwanted attention.