ROP LE run time

helios

Newly Enlightened
I had to chase down a fleeing felon last night and after I caught him I was sure he had a dropped weapon or drugs (he had three tactical knives on him!). The ROP LE was instrumental in catching him, I was able to spotlight him from about 70 yards away and ran him down (gotta hit the track more!).

Anyways, I needed to search the route he had run but I was afraid the ROP LE wouldn't be able to handle 15 minutes of constant on. I used my Dominator on lowbeam to search the route and used the high beam for the tough areas by the railroad tracks.

I just finished a runtime test of the ROP LE. I ran it for 10 minute spurts with 10 minutes to cool down between runs. Total time before noticable dimmng was 34 minutes :wow: . I was shocked since I thought 20 minutes was about max. I'm using the 24W bulb so I am really curious to know how long the 11W bulb would run. Has anyone else tested the runtime on thier ROP LE and is mine in line with the average?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
No run time test but the LE with HighOutputLAmp calcuates at 36 minutes.

The LE with LowOutputLAmp calculates at 78.55 minutes.

I read three blades then read your location. Yep.

Good job and stary safe.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I'd say real world with the low bulb on two 18650 cells is 60-70 minutes... Not sure how close I'd get to the 78 minute mark but 60-70 is very respectable considering how usably bright the ROP Low is. I hear the Low bulb on 18650s is whiter than the high bulb on 18650s. Doesn't matter to me personally, but I think that was mentioned.