Suggest me a 2 x 2032 5mm LED Light

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a Unique requirement... just wondering if such a thing exists

perhaps 1 or 2 5mm LED's and that uses 2 CR2032 batteries.

should be very very small... (like Photon Freedom)

it can be a reading light or a simple flashlight. but NOT a head lamp in any case.

Please guide me with links / pictures / products ..

Thanks In Advance

ViReN

Melchior

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

rheslip

Newly Enlightened
I have one of these "turtle lights" from Mountain Co-Op in Canada:

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442588127&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302692895&bmUID=1140843168663

Its thicker and a bit bigger than a Photon, uses two CR2032. Mine had a very nice white tint which was spoiled by a very poorly designed focusing optic. You can remove the dumb optic and it has a much nicer beam with just the LED. Not even close to being waterproof it that matters. They have a red led version too. Can't beat the price - $3.50 cdn.

Rich

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchased the red and white of these last year for my wife and I (backup lights for the bikes). The great thing about these is the little bungee can loop around a tube and over the turtle's front "legs". Great and simple hands-free operation.

Paul

rheslip said:
I have one of these "turtle lights" from Mountain Co-Op in Canada:

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442588127&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302692895&bmUID=1140843168663

Its thicker and a bit bigger than a Photon, uses two CR2032. Mine had a very nice white tint which was spoiled by a very poorly designed focusing optic. You can remove the dumb optic and it has a much nicer beam with just the LED. Not even close to being waterproof it that matters. They have a red led version too. Can't beat the price - $3.50 cdn.

Rich

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All,

Thanks very much for the inputs. I am looking something similar to MEC Turtle White LED Light .... that's a good light ... If any one has these could any one post pictures?

Melchior: It would be great if you could post a picture...

Thanks once again.

ViReN

Melchior

Newly Enlightened
chimo beat me to it... mine looks 95% similar. Except it has a cover over the led, and is slightly larger.

It can also blink. (imho a useless feature for a white led)

rheslip

Newly Enlightened
Melchior said:
chimo beat me to it... mine looks 95% similar. Except it has a cover over the led, and is slightly larger.

It can also blink. (imho a useless feature for a white led)

Yours sounds like the one I bought at Mountain Co-Op about two months ago, so they must have changed the design a bit. The "cover" is the optic I referred to - it focuses the light a bit but there's a slot in the middle of the lens that puts a big dark line in the beam. I don't like the pointy little turtle legs either - easy enough to remove with a Dremel tho.

Rich

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks a lot chimo :)

I believe, one can "chop off" the "legs" .... and can be upgraded easily with a Nichia CS or Peak Snow 29 LED .... and with the power of 2CR2032 cells, the runtime will be High... it's good that it has got different modes. :)

just wondering, how much current is going to the LED... any ideas?

I am keen on buying on this one... (reason) i have Loads of CR2032 cells ! ... i got them off a local store for cheap .....Maxell Brand (Made in Japan).

checked mek site .. cost of 4 lights .. is $19 CDN .. Shipping Cost... :sigh: $50 CDN

hmmm.. need to look some place....