Interested in Lazers

TheMartini

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking to buy a nice decent quality laser. I'd like you opinions on what model and from where to buy.

I want the laser to be able to:

-Pop Ballons
-Cut Fabric
-Long Lasting

Thanks for your time!

comozo

Enlightened
How much money do you have that you can get rid of, ballpark figure ? Are you looking for a handheld battery powered device or a small tabletop device? What color/wavelength?

Last edited:

TheMartini

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking to spend 100-300 (US). Prefer Handheld, but if a Tabletop can do what I want, in my price range that would be great!

LEDGloworm

Newly Enlightened
Raven-Tech on ebay will sort you out with just what you want. Do a search for 100mW green laser. He's in the UK but shipping is cheap and will send worldwide. I have one and it's great.
I recomend protective eye wear though, it's very bright and not a toy.

Last edited:

LEDGloworm

Newly Enlightened
Just noticed your "cutting fabric" requirement. I think you will need to spend alot more than $300 to achive that sort of power. What do you need to cut fabric for anyway? Mind you, saying that, why would you need a laser to pop a balloon. A pin is far cheaper.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well yeah ;) For $100 bucks I could get a nice rifle with a scope that's not going to fail when it comes to popping a balloon...

EGP

Newly Enlightened
LEDGloworm said:
Raven-Tech on ebay will sort you out with just what you want. Do a search for 100mW green laser. He's in the UK but shipping is cheap and will send worldwide. I have one and it's great.
I recomend protective eye wear though, it's very bright and not a toy.

Really, you're pointing him to a seller of a Wicked laser that charges $395 for it, offers a 10 day warranty, and charges 10 £ (appr. $17) to ship it internationally. Why not send him directly to Wicked Lasers where he can have the same laser for $370, with 3 months warranty and free shipping ? Do you hate WL so much that you'd rather recommend people a poorer deal than send them to WL themselves ?

Edited out by Kiessling

Regards,
Erling

Last edited by a moderator:

LEDGloworm

Newly Enlightened
EGP said:
Really, you're pointing him to a seller of a Wicked laser that charges $395 for it, offers a 10 day warranty, and charges 10 £ (appr. $17) to ship it internationally. Why not send him directly to Wicked Lasers where he can have the same laser for $370, with 3 months warranty and free shipping ? Do you hate WL so much that you'd rather recommend people a poorer deal than send them to WL themselves ?

Edited out by Kiessling

Regards,
Erling

Urm no its $18.99 shipping from wicked plus I know us customs are looking out for goods sent to the US from Wicked and as for the 10 day warranty, I think you will find that is against if it is not being as they have described it or damaged due to transit. Mine came with the same 3 months cover and honoured by wicked. But hey, it's ok to plug your code to earn some wicked bucks? Thats not helping, its selfish.

Last edited:

Athoul

Enlightened
There is no problem in recieving a laser from Wicked lasers, anything to the contrary is just making up an issue for some unknown reason. Many people from the states order them and I have not heard of a single issue, also they gaurantee delievery so if any problem arrises they will send you another one.

The 100mW unit from them would probably suit your needs, or maybe even the 75mW depending on how much you want to pay.

Last edited:

EGP

Newly Enlightened
LEDGloworm said:
Urm no its $18.99 shipping from wicked plus I know us customs are looking out for goods sent to the US from Wicked and as for the 10 day warranty, I think you will find that is against if it is not being as they have described it or damaged due to transit. Mine came with the same 3 months cover and honoured by wicked. But hey, it's ok to plug your code to earn some wicked bucks? Thats not helping, its selfish.

If you go to their site and put said laser into your basket, it says 0$ shipping - and it has a 'free shipping' offer on the page featuring the 95 & 125mW models.

And yes, I would gain wicked bucks if someone uses my code, but that doesn't change the fact that the buyer saves 5% off the laser. Let me remind you also that I wasn't the first to recommend the OP a Wicked laser - I'm merely pointing out he can have a better deal for the exact same laser.

Kiessling: I'm aware that use of promo codes isn't allowed here, which is exactly why I didn't post my code. Are you saying that you can't even mention the code system here ?

And I'd be happy to supply the OP with someone else's code, if that would please other posters in this thread.

Regards,
Erling

That_Guy

Enlightened
If you really wanted to save the OP money rather than make money yourself you would have given him one of the 10% off codes such as Edited out by Kiessling

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
As these codes are more than a price reduction for a buyer (they make the code owner gain something) we decided that such a system isn't beneficial for use in CPF.
bernhard

Athoul

Enlightened
Those are 7%.. not 10%. Mods please delete this if inapropriate.

Last edited:

That_Guy

Enlightened
Kiessling,

Posting the codes I mentioned do not gain me or any other individual on CPF or WL forums anything (although it does benefit the original owner). The mvktech code is from the site www.mvktech.com and gains them something. I have no idea which site the YH2005 code belongs, I found it mentioned on the WL forums, and Googling it shows a number of different sites mentioning it. So mentioning these codes is for the benefit of the customer, not the person who posts them, although the original owner still gains something. Feel free to edit/delete if you still feel that these codes are inappropriate.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
That_Guy ... unfortunately those codes do still follow the same system, and we cannot allow ourselves the luxury of checking out every single WL promo code for what it is or may be, sorry.

Feel free to take this promo code thing off-forum though.

bernhard

That_Guy

Enlightened
Just to clarify, there are two types of codes: the standard 4 digit number code which is automatically generated for anyone who registers an account with WL, which gives the purchaser 5% off and gives the code owner 15% commission; and then there's "special" codes which consist of both letters and numbers and are manually created for some websites which give 10% off and an unknown commission for the website. The codes I mentioned above belong in the "special" category, and are the only codes of that type that I know of. Since the discount has recently been reduced from 10% to 7% then there is little reason to bother posting them since they offer little advantage to the purchaser over the standard 5% codes.