KL3 vs G&P 3w for SF G2

Tremendo

Enlightened
It's frustrating that I can't search for 3 letter words.

I didn't realize the SF KL3 LED head would fit on the Surefire G2. I know it's metal, compared to the plastic G2, but which would give a better beam & performance, the KL3 or the G&P 3 watt drop in?

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
here is a review of the G&P drop in.
here is a review of the generation 2 KL3.

It looks like the G&P has a wider beam with more spill. It also has more output and less runtime. The KL3 has a spottier beam, less overal output and a longer runtime.

cary

Newly Enlightened
I don't know about the G&P but there is a review on flashlight reviews.

The KL3 is a very tight spotlight with virtually no sidespill. It made it 4 days with me before being sold.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
As others have said, the KL3 is a relatively tight spot with basically zero spillbeam. The BOG module has a larger hotspot and a very usable spillbeam. I don't personally care for the KL3 though it serves its purpose while a BOG module (modified with a brighter and whiter TW0K star) is my very favorite 2x123 light in a Vital Gear body.

I think for searching for 3 letter words, just try adding an * on the end such as KL3*

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also consider the 3W Turbo LED modules from Emillion. They're regulated at voltages of 4.2V and higher. I have one; it's bright and white when run with two rechargeables at 7.2 to 8V. And you can switch it (with great difficulty) to 1W if you find yourself in acute need of long runtime.