Fenix LOP & Lithiums?

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Search is NOT my friend because it doesn't often work...but I try it every time. Fenix emphasizes NOT to use anything but alks & NiMH. Really? So..........

Can lithium AAA cells be use with advantage in a LOP?

Thanks!

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
jayflash said:
Search is NOT my friend because it doesn't often work...but I try it every time. Fenix emphasizes NOT to use anything but alks & NiMH. Really? So..........

Can lithium AAA cells be use with advantage in a LOP?

Thanks!

Absolutely, YES, it will make a difference. Do so at your own risk, however I'll tell you I've never had an issue yet.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you T-I-N. Your's is a most respected response. I suspected lith AAAs are OK but...why not ask about other's actual experience? I'm gonna do some tests with alk, NiMH & Li for luminosity vs. current consumption. Now..........Off to the races!!!

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
jayflash said:
Thank you T-I-N. Your's is a most respected response. I suspected lith AAAs are OK but...why not ask about other's actual experience? I'm gonna do some tests with alk, NiMH & Li for luminosity vs. current consumption. Now..........Off to the races!!!

Have fun. Make sure to post your results for us.

VWTim

Enlightened
Here's what I want to know, I've been hearing of people using 14500's in their L1P V2.0 and 2.5 without issues so far. Anyone brave enough to try in their L0P? Word is at least in the L1 circuits that it just goes to DD and overpowers the emitter for a bit.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix%20L0P%20composite.png

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks "chevy" I remember seeing your graph, now that you reposted it for me...didn't remember enough to do a proper search. Must be "Mad Cow" kicking me in the head.

VWTim

Enlightened
Any chance you've ran these tests with a Panasonic Oxyride? Just wondering if it's similar to the NiOx cell or what. I can even send you a pair to test if you'd like.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK...did a current consumption vs. brightness test. My test agrees with chervrofreaks graph in that the LOP's brightness was the same for the three cell chemistries I tried. There was a difference in current initially drawn from the cell. NiMH = 700mA, Alk = 800mA, Lithium = 900mA. I imagine these readings will change as the cells are depleted to 50% brightness.