• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SMJLED PR Bulbs In Stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the SMJLED PR 2 cell light bulbs are here!

The introductory thread is here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/108200

a4.jpg

Built in DC/DC converter for operation from 2 NiMh/NiCd or alkaline cells. Now you can use rechargeable cells with the SMJLED.

You can easily convert any cheap old plastic flashlight into an advanced LED lighting system by just simply changing the light bulb! Works in 2AAA, 2AA, 2C and 2D cell flashlights that use the common PR base light bulbs. Get brighter, whiter, longer lasting light with the SMJLED light bulb. Save money on batteries and never worry about the bulb burning out again!

The SMJLED bulb combines a DC/DC power converter and SMJLED into a PR flange base bulb complete with integral LED heatsink. Increase battery life up to six times longer with the SMJLED PR Bulb compared to regular incandescent bulbs.

CPF Special:

SMJLED PR 2 cell light bulb - $10.00 including shipping (US & Canada) International add $5.50 for up to six units.

Additional SMJ-PR 2 Bulbs - $9.00 each including shipping for up to six units.

Send PayPal to [email protected] or email the same address for alternate payment options.

Thanks for looking!

Nell

Enlightened
I have a few 3D M*g around, will this simply flash the SMJLED? I would imagine so, but thought I would ask.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Mag-lite I used previously had a lightly sputtered reflector so I had to redo my picture. I went out to RadShack and bought a 2C Mag-lite. Here are two pictures with the focusing reflector. One picture is a spot and the other is the widest flood beam. It is hard to see the spill beam. The drop-in emitter works very well with the Mag reflector. And the run time of the drop-in is amazing.

'2 cell' is what the bulb is marked. You would go into direct drive and eventually cook the drop-in with more batteries.

smjledprmagspotflood2bn.jpg

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
TrueBlue said:
The Mag-lite I used previously had a lightly sputtered reflector so I had to redo my picture. I went out to RadShack and bought a 2C Mag-lite. Here are two pictures with the focusing reflector. One picture is a spot and the other is the widest flood beam. It is hard to see the spill beam. The drop-in emitter works very well with the Mag reflector. And the run time of the drop-in is amazing.

'2 cell' is what the bulb is marked. You would go into direct drive and eventually cook the drop-in with more batteries.

smjledprmagspotflood2bn.jpg

Any lux readings for the spot focus?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
chevrofreak said:
Any lux readings for the spot focus?

1272 on the spot at one meter BUT…

I have a prototype. I just got word today that the production versions are testing TWICE as bright as my proto. A few were tested and they were consistently brighter then the prototype.

Lambda is selling the newer, brighter, ones.

So now you'll have to tell me if the production drop-ins are brighter than the prototype I have.

Mine is bright and I would never complain about being brighter.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
TrueBlue said:
1272 on the spot at one meter BUT…

I have a prototype. I just got word today that the production versions are testing TWICE as bright as my proto. A few were tested and they were consistently brighter then the prototype.

Lambda is selling the newer, brighter, ones.

So now you'll have to tell me if the production drop-ins are brighter than the prototype I have.

Mine is bright and I would never complain about being brighter.

That sounds quite nice to me. :)

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nell said:
I have a few 3D M*g around, will this simply flash the SMJLED? I would imagine so, but thought I would ask.

As TrueBlue said, anything more than two cells and you'll have nice little flashbulb. These are intended for 2 cells, and provide the boost voltage so you can use NiMh/NiCd rechargeable cells.

And yes, these are brighter than the prototypes. In 2D Mag with alkaline cells they were testing out around 2300 Lux. Not quite Luxeon performance, but the bulb was only drawing about 135ma input current, so very, very long run times.

Now I have a couple question for you all:

We also made some nice prototypes of the old PR222 bulb; the one that had a screw in base and a lens on the end of the bulb. I remember these being used in the old 2AAA pen lights. However, I've not been able to find anything that uses these bulbs anymore. So the question is - is there a demand for this style LED bulb also?

And question two - for those who want to use more than 2 cells, is there enough demand to make sense to make a 3 cell version?

Thanks,

Lambda

Monolith

Enlightened
:paypal: for 5 bulbs and 3 minimag mineral glass lenses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.