What ever happened to the G2 clickie conversions?

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
There used to be a number of folks selling conversion kits to make G2/G2Zs switches into clickies. They usually were an aluminum piece that was threaded for a Kroll.

I haven't seen them in forever nor have I read about anyone using them. What's up? Anyone still making/using these? I've got a couple of G2s that could use the conversion.

TIA,
-LT

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
There used to be a cheap ($7-8) sold at Walmart/Meijer that had a reverse clickie that would just drop in to the tailcap of a G2. I've got two or three of my G2's converted this way, but I don't recall seeing the lights on the shelf lately at either of the stores. There may still be some old threads floating around about this simple and easy mod. It was at least a year ago.

-Keith

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I had one of those... Bought as part of a package deal and it came with the stock tailcap and replacement innards that the seller said were pilfered from a Dorcy or Garrity. It used the same tailpiece, just with different rubber and a different 'switch' that took about 5 seconds to swap.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seem to recall (now that you mentioned it) that it was a cheap Garrity incan that I borrowed the switches from. I also found that the rubber handguard/grip on the light worked wonderfully on some modded MiniMags I have around.

-Keith

Sgtbjs

Newly Enlightened
I've got one in the G2 I use at work. Basically its a kroll clickie with aluminium foil wrapped around it to hold it in place and to act as an electrical contact. I also had to put a washer inside the endcap of the G2 to hold the kroll further into the torch, otherwise the rubber cap on the G2 pushes the switch into momentary mode (its a very light action on the switch) and you can't turn it off.
i don't use it very often (once a week, or every night when i'm on nightswitch) but its been very reliable for me so far.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I bought a clickie conversion kit for C series about three years ago from the Shoppe.

Bill

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just thought I'd post a photo to see if it jogs any memories.

g2clickiesmall7wm.jpg

I think this one came from Flashlightlens.com .
-LT

roguesw

Enlightened
lunaltic,
the pic u posted reminded me or something, wasnt that switch the standard kroll clickie but someone machined up a sleeve for it?
i remember reading about this at the time

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think McGizmo made the first ones then somebody put it into production in numbers enough for Flashlight Lens to pick up. When he sold out they seemed to vanish from all corners.

-LT

roguesw

Enlightened
lunal tic,
did you happen to catch the new mcclikie in macgizmos corner? maybe you could wait for one of those? if its compatible with the E-series switches as he has indicated, that it might work out for the G2 with an adaptor later on
cheers mate
Des

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC it was like $10 with a lens. I'm guessing the Mc model won't be in the same ballpark. I'll have a hard time putting a $30 switch in a $30 light.

-LT