Gladius + 20 cr123 cells for $199.95 at Botac

CLHC

Flashaholic
Some have good experiences and others have bad experiences with Botac Tactical. . .That's not a bad deal if one should say so!

Enjoy!

TENMMIKE

Enlightened
that price with the batteries is a fair deal, i see shipping is free as well. i got mine for 180.usd and free shiping new in box off e-bay

pcaf

Newly Enlightened
I'll chime in, confirm by phone if it's in stock, if it is go for it, if it isn't you'll be charged for the item and you'll wait! I waited 3 months for a light and gave up frustrated, as they don't respond to email enquiries, after cancelling it took 2 weeks and 3 phone calls to get my cash back!

good luck Paul

ginaz

Enlightened
on the plus side, i have ordered from them twice and had no probs either time.

tdhg566

Newly Enlightened
How to best deal with BotachTactical

I echo the post that suggested confirming by phone that they have the item in stock. I've bought from Botach for many years, starting with tactical firearms equipment and now flashlights. The only bad experience was when I bought on the web and didn't check their stock levels. I did have to patiently work through the phone system and finally talked to the owner. He promptly made me whole. I do not hesitate to buy from them by ordering over the phone

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, thats a pretty good price. I wonder if its the new HAIII coating or the older ceramic coating.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Order by phone, get the name of the person you're talking to and you'll be fine. I've gotten great deals from them without problems that way.

secamp32

Newly Enlightened
Funny thing happened when I ordered the Gladius today from Botac. The system offered me a Streamlight TLR Tactical Light for $93.46. I was actually thinking about this since they sent me an email last week offering it at $109. Seeing even cheaper I decided to order it to. It then lowered the price of the Gladius to $159.69. :wow: So I got a Gladius and a Streamlight TLR Tactical Light for $253.15. Plus free shipping. I think I lost the 20 batteries but I think this was a great deal. I have ordered from Botac a few times and there have been some problems but eventually the stuff has arrived so we'll see what happens in 2 weeks.

Macaw

Enlightened
I ordered a Gladius along with an additional 20-123A cells. Paid $221.xx. I have a sneaking suspicion that I will only receive the 20 cells that I paid for and not the 20 that were offered for free with the light. Nothing on the invoice suggested that the free cells were included and the shipping weight was said to be only 1.00 lb. (for a Gladius and 40 123As?). Hopefully I'm wrong. Anyway, it was shipped the day after I made the order and is enroute to my house. I'm hoping to get it on Fryday. They are in stock. I'll post when I receive the package.

Last edited:

MrTodds

Newly Enlightened
Macaw said:
I ordered a Gladius along with an additional 20-123A cells. Paid $221.xx. I have a sneaking suspicion that I will only receive the 20 cells that I paid for and not the 20 that were offered for free with the light. Nothing on the invoice suggested that the free cells were included and the shipping weight was said to be only 1.00 lb. (for a Gladius and 40 123As?). Hopefully I'm wrong. Anyway, it was shipped the day after I made the order and is enroute to my house. I'm hoping to get it on Fryday. They are in stock. I'll post when I receive the package.

I did the same thing, ordered the extra 20 Sanyo's. But Thursday I received a package with 40 Sanyo 123a, Gladius, and Streamlight TLR-1. So the deal is real, and it is good!!

Macaw

Enlightened
Looks like my suspicions were correct! I received only the 20 extra cells that I paid for, not the free ones from the offer. I went online to a live person named "NEO". He looked at the current webpage and the offer is no longer there. He writes that he doesn't see the offer. I tell him that it was there when I made the order! He then asks if I have proof! I direct him to this very thread. He accepts this thread as his "proof" and tells me that the cells will be sent out today. SHEESH! I guess I'll chime in when I get the cells or not. I had the feeling that something like this would happen.:ohgeez:

PeteBroccolo

Enlightened
Unknowingly, at first, I DID buy a brand new Gladius from Botach (which was using an alias) via eBay, and the only real problems I had with the deal was that Botach under-declared the value-for-duty, and shipped via UPS. UPS paid the Customs duties for me, based on the u-d v-f-d, and charged me for that plus a brokerage fee, over and above what I had initially paid Botach for UPS shipping. The brokerage fee was FAR MORE than Canada Post would have charged me, so I complained to Botach, and he PayPal'd me the total extra amount that UPS charged me. I then went to my nearest Canada Border Security Agency Port of Entry, declared the proper v-f-d and paid the proper duties.

So, while I was not happy with Botach for u-d the v-f-d, and do not want to deal with UPS EVER again, Botach did come through, and fast, with the Gladius, as well as made good with me for UPS' shafting of me. I am not sure if Botach is still sellling via eBay any more, or just using a different alias.

BHPrincess

Newly Enlightened
I was in at Streicher's the other day and they have a walk in special lower than Botac and I find their customer service to be much better.

Lightedge

Newly Enlightened
Longbow said:
And Botach is making money at that price. Most dealers demand $234.00 or you can whistle.

Dealers must sign an agreement not to advertise or sell the Gladius below $234.99. I personally like to live up to the agreements I sign and will not handle the product if I have problems with the agreement.

Evidently, Night-ops is not seriously policing dealer compliance with this agreement like SF but they probably will at some point.

Also, the only way Botac can make any money worth speaking of at that price is if they buy VERY large amounts of inventory. Most flashlight websites simply cannot afford 5-6 figure inventories in 1 product. Botac can probably pull it off by handling a lot of Blackhawk products. They just include a few Gladiuses in each huge order.

secamp32

Newly Enlightened
I'm still waiting. I called them twice. The first time they said everything was in stock and the order would ship in 2 days. 4 days later the order still hadn't shipped so I called again. This time 3 of the other things I ordered (not the lights) were OOS. I told them to tale them off the order and ship what they had. The order shipped that afternoon and should arrive in NY next week. I'll be interested to see if the batteries are there.

ca2639

Newly Enlightened
I ordered the Gladius from them on March 5, and I received my package on March 7. Even when I tracked my package, the weigh of my package was 1 lb. But I did received 20 Sanyo battery and Gladius. There was one thing that I did not know whether the light was new or old coating.

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
botac is a flip of a coin if you will accually receive the product... i have personally scratched them off my list for mult. reasons... ar15.com users have had tons of bad experiences... they have massive forums over there