Imalent        

View Poll Results: Would you buy a McLuxIII-T is another run takes place?

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, no way I miss this piece of beauty!

130 58.82%
  • More than 50% chances that I buy one, but can't be sure!

61 27.60%
  • Sure that I won't.

30 13.57%
Page 1 of 13 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: McLuxIII-T (titanium) : would you be in if another run takes place?

Default McLuxIII-T (titanium) : would you be in if another run takes place?

Hi guys!

I know that a number of us have missed the first run of Don's fantastic McLuxIII-T. (http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=102325)

Just wanted to know how many, more precicely.
    So, if another run takes place, would you be in?

To vote, let's assume that the price is under 450$...
    Last edited by tino_ale; 02-25-2006 at 10:17 AM.
    Bead Blasting McGizmos - PM disabled, email aoc.paypal (at) gmail.com

Flashaholic*

Default Re: McLuxIII-T (titanium) : would you be in if another run takes place?

As much as I am sure that this light is a true work of art, there is no way that I can currently rationalize owning a $400 light. A PD in HA-Nat, on the other hand, has been tempting me for some time now....

Even for $450.00 easily I'm in!! Put me down!
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

PSM,

Regentag may have landed the biggest stroke of good fortune I've ever seen on these Forums when Don made his knockout suprise gesture, but I must say I believe you deserve the award for most openly desiring a Ti light out of ANYONE on CPF. I sincerely hope you get your wish sooner than later and that you dont have to pay any silly premium prices. I think your enthusiasm deserves that reward.
    LIGHT TRAVELS AT 186282.397 MILES PER SECOND... ANY FASTER WOULD BE DANGEROUS

Unenlightened

Hi Tino_Ale.

For sure, i'm in fot 450 $ to.
    This isn't too expensive to miss that piece of art work ...

PSM,

Regentag may have landed the biggest stroke of good fortune I've ever seen on these Forums when Don made his knockout suprise gesture, but I must say I believe you deserve the award for most openly desiring a Ti light out of ANYONE on CPF. I sincerely hope you get your wish sooner than later and that you dont have to pay any silly premium prices. I think your enthusiasm deserves that reward.

Thanks LM for the very kind words, but no suprise, you are a kind guy. I was a very good sport when Don sold that Ti to Regentag, I was pleased to see someone get one. I would be lying to say I wasnt a lil jealous though. One of these days my quest for the holy grail of custom lights will come, hopefully. I have my chrome PD, so I am thankful for that.

I just dont know how I missed the Christmas time Ti sales thread! I was here, somehow I missed it. I have not forgiven myself for that yet! If only I had a time-machine, I would go back and order one....

Flashaholic*

I'm in!

Sure.

I thinks it time to move on to Don's new light:

McLuxIII PD 27TiL

Last edited by diddy808; 02-25-2006 at 02:36 PM.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by diddy808

McLuxIII PD 27TiL

I'm a noob on this forum. That's mean that's the new McGizmo FlashLight ? Titanium version is great. What about his Perf ?

This one gonna be expensiver than the McLuxIII =/

I would really like to see Don move on to a run of the Mclux III PD Ti with the option of the 27mm head. I think this would be it. Don't get me wrong, I love the III-T, but I just think the piston is such a useful addition.

This all being said. I am lucky enough to posess a III-T and it is by far the LAST light I would give up. It is VERY special to me.

PSM,

Apparently you don't accept e-mails. I don't do PM's. Bummer.

Only way I would know it was you would be if you were to respond to an E-mail I sent you.

As to the topic of this thread.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Quote Originally Posted by diddy808

McLuxIII PD 27TiL

One can dream right...............
    Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Flashaholic

I would buy a new (or old) McGizmo Titanium light in a heartbeat...

I just woke up from hitting my chin on my desk when I just fainted! Whoa!

Email Sent!

EDIT: I can now receive E-mails from members.
    Last edited by PoliceScannerMan; 02-25-2006 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan
    I just woke up from hitting my chin on my desk when I just fainted! Whoa!

Email Sent!

EDIT: I can now receive E-mails from members.
    Whats going on? If its not indiscreet of course...

McLuxIII-PD-Ti27L.....gasp... .....!

Unenlightened

A thing is sure, it is that topic does not leave anybody indifferent.

Flashaholic

I will definitely be all over it. I consider getting a Ti McLux my own version of the quest for the holy grail
    LED: Gladius; Orb Raw (UWOJ); Brass LionCub (TXOJ); Elektrolumens ELX6; Classic Chameleon; McLux Ti PD
    Incan: SF 6P; Mags
    Hybrid: SF A2

Interested!

ARC AAA Premium / Amilite Neo T3 / Peak Caribbean / Fenix L2P / HDS EDC U60 XRGT / Princeton Tec EOS / Elektro Lumens ELX-6 / SF 10X Dominator / UK Light Cannon 100 / (2) Streamlight Ultra-Stingers / Mag 3D 4D 2C 2AA / River Rock 2aa 2c 3aaa / Glo-Toob FX (Amber) / Spiral Mini Mag85 Silver / Mag85 Black / Amondotech HID / Harbor Freight 35W HID / Stenlight S7 / (2) CPF Multi-Level / more

Flashaholic*

Yes, please.
    McCree XR-19C | Ti PD UVIJ | PD-UX1K | 27LT X-Cree Mod | Ti- ExoLion #14 | Aleph 3 WWOT | Milkyspit L1 | TnC: HyperLux V's, KeyLux N-Cell/AAA's | Orb RAW U-bin | Space Needle II Clone's | Surefire: 622, Nice and Green L2 Hotwires: HA-III Mag11 | Cmaccel Finned HA-III ROP 550/1300

Congrats PSM, looks like dreams do come true, Thanks Don for all you do.
    Carrying a firearm for self-defense gives you great power. Society expects great responsibility from those with great power.

YES...count me in...

I would not miss the chance if it came around again. I would love to see him make it in the PD form, I use the momentary feature far more than the constant-on.

It would also be great if Don would offer the 27T head as an upgrade to the current PD's as well as the Ti (if they will work on both)

I'm in, definately.....although a Ti-PD would be even better!!!

WP

I would be up for one 100% (would prefer the PD and / or large head if they ever happened)

Quote Originally Posted by London Lad
    I would be up for one 100% (would prefer the PD and / or large head if they ever happened)
    Well, actually, I'm one of those who would like it as it's been built first time.

Let me explain:
    - Before I got a PD, I was clearly anti twisty... Now that I know what a silk smooth twisty is, I'm clearly pro twisty, almost anti-clickie. The fact that the first T did not have the piston-drive was (and still is) some kind of an advantage to my eyes : event more KISS, more reliable (smaller number of parts to fail/break and also no water seal to worry about at this end of the light...)

- The large head is GREAT, I love it, still it is not intended to match the same EDC use. As you say, it would be a great "option" to get, for times that you need it for a particular job, but for the rest of the time, I would definitly stay on the small but incredible small reflector.

Woww... 26 strong YES and 7 quite interrested... Thats far beyong my expectations

Yep I would definitely be in for a Ti, timing wasn’t right for me on the first round…..Holidays =

The 27mm head should be an option thats a killer looking light, surely a few of the current Ti owners would step up for one also

Later
    Kelly
    Last edited by Sway; 02-26-2006 at 10:29 AM.
    Lucas Jackson, "Here, Captain"
    Maliciously destroying municipal property while under the influence, What was that?
    "Cutting the heads off parking meters, Captain."

Interested is putting it mildly.

C
    Chris

I'm so in it hurts! In In In In In In

Oh, y'all get the idea...

Page 1 of 13 1234567811 ... LastLast