Jetbeam        

View Poll Results: Would you buy a McLuxIII-T is another run takes place?

Voters
220. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, no way I miss this piece of beauty!

129 58.64%
  • More than 50% chances that I buy one, but can't be sure!

61 27.73%
  • Sure that I won't.

30 13.64%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: McLuxIII-T (titanium) : would you be in if another run takes place?

Default Re: McLuxIII-T (titanium) : would you be in if another run takes place?

Thanks for the timely update Don. When the time comes, I'll be in for one of each. That should sate my Ti jones for a while

Cliff
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats!
    H.L.Mencken (1880-1956)

Hope I m fast enough to snatch either one.
    Lights were once incandescent. And halogen bulb were great

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by McGizmo
    I would like to mention that even if I don't offer or build the ultimate LED/Driver package one seeks, the LED sink as well as driver is replaceable and with skill or assist from others, these lights can be reconfigured to one's desire; maybe not by me is all!
    So, who would one contact to build this "ultimate LED/Driver package"? This question is not directed at Don, but a general question posed to the forum.

Also, if one were inclined to build the ""ultimate LED/Driver package", what are the options? Maybe a nice premium 1W S**H driven at >= 700ma? Are there any 5W/BB750 type options?

If this question deserves another thread, please let me know and I'll start one.

Thanks,
    Richard

Don,

SWEET> Do you think the new Ti 27m bezel would fit the Ti 27PD since you are not going to go with a proper bezel, in other words, will it be threaded?

I am very excited. My TIII is still my most prized light.

I may have misread but, I do believe that Don indicated the answer to this one is no.

Karl

karlthev,

Parden me if I missed this in my haste, which I am sure I did and after I posted I thought that this would not make any sense at all. Sorry all.

Would be nice for all those who were lucky enough to snag a Ti 27 bezel.

Ah heck, I'd sure like a 27 with the threaded bezel as well but....I don't think that will be coming up. At least not for now. No pardon needed for my end Fringe and, hope I didn't step on your toes.....I didn't mean to...

Karl

Karl,

Heck no my friend, I just know how it is to see a question in a post and know the person should know the answer because it was clearly stated in a previous post. It would be very hard for me to get mad on this forum, there are just to many great people here.
    Take care.

Were slowly marching to the end of June so, hopefully, we'll start to see some action on these.

Flashaholic*

About how much would the Ti PD cost? I need to start saving money.

-Dan

Flashaholic*

I believe Don has a target price of $425 for the ti pd.

Marc

Suspense is a killer, no?

>>Suspense is a killer, no?

Tell me about it. I'm a week into recovering from minor surgery. I've finally started to be able to move around with some mobility but being stuck and laying in a bed all day and night is nuts. Ti-PD is to be my post-op gift to myself. All this waiting is driving me crazy.

bmstrong,

I hope you are doing better and I know how bed rest can be after surgery, no fun. Wish you a speedy recovery and a Ti PD too!

When you get it, just rub the Ti on the injured spot and it'll heal a lot faster .

Seriously, take care of yourself and I hope you get yout Ti real quick.

Cliff
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats!
    H.L.Mencken (1880-1956)

Hi guys,
    Well the shop doing the Ti PD is not bothering to return my voice mail inquires. I know they have had some serious bumps in their road and don't have time or interest in reporting no news. I have partial quantities on 75% of the components and no idea at present when I will get the balance or in what fashion. The second Ti program which I figured would in fact come in second was starting to look like it might even happen sooner. Well no communication from that shop either.

I will be on Maui for just over a week more and then back to Berkeley for a period of time not yet identified. It looks like I might be taking a bunch of Ti parts, converters and LED's back with me so I can get to the project when back on the mainland.

Still too damn much vapor here and I have my hands tied as well as resources and focus.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Unfortunate, but many thanks for the update.

Given all the delays, I honestly didn't think I'd see them till mid-July at the earliest. And that's a shame because I really wanted to show it off at the annual 4th of July picnic we have...

Flashaholic*

dammit Don. This is very inconsiderate of you.

Seriously, I can read your aggrevation and concern between every line. No problem here. I think I can find another light to use while I'm waiting.
    .: I spent most of my money on women and toys. The rest I just wasted :.

Ya only can do what ya can do!

Karl

More reason to head down to the beach and enjoy the warm waters, or head up to Haleakala to watch the sunrise/sunset...and test lights....

Flashaholic

Don, I think I can safely predict that you won't lose any customers. The longer we wait, the greater the anticipation.

It does have a depressing effect on B/S/T, though. Those dollars are squirreled away and only a McLux Ti will pry them out...
    "If you want peace, work for justice" - H.L. Mencken, Pope Paul VI
    "The past is never dead. It's not even past." - William Faulkner

Good things come to those who wait.....

Thanks for the update Don. This just means more time for us to save up , although lately, it seems I am spending as fast as I can hit the "Pay Now" button.

This year has been a good year for great lights! Your Ti offerings will be the final touch.....the coup de gras....the fat lady singing......so to speak in terms of my buying lights for a while. I have my second daughter on the way in three months and will have to hang up my wallet for a while (after your Ti lights of course ).

Boy, what a year though...and it's only June!

WP

I suggest conversing with Friendly, he may have some ideas. Take care and try not to get too frustrated.

Cliff
    H.L.Mencken (1880-1956)

Attention everyone, head over to BST, I have seen some great stuff for sale over there. This is the only way I know how to make US feel better.

Flashaholic*

Do you think they will be done by the end of June? I have $425 burning a hole in my pocket.
    Last edited by xdanx; 06-24-2006 at 02:37 PM.

-Dan

Party Re: McLuxIII-T (titanium) : would you be in if another run takes place?

why dont you buy Ti futures to hedge your light?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman
    why dont you buy Ti futures to hedge your light?

-Dan

Quote Originally Posted by xdanx
    ditto

Cliff,
    Thanks for the thoughts! This month has been unusual and much of my time has been spent in one time deals; furnishing a house/ shop, getting organized in a new local and what have you. I was planning on spending more time in Ti builds but have made use of the time in other tasks and projects that needed to be done at any rate. I have not been to the beach or n the water as much as I wanted to but have taken a couple hours here and there. I have even taken the camera out a couple times and yesterday I took a Ti PD first article and camera to the beach in the afternoon. I saw friendly a few times when my wife was here with me but last couple swims he was out on the reef and not in his cave.

There are a few turtles now feeding on some seaweed that grows on the reef just beyond the shoreline. These turtles are indifferent to swimmers with the exception of the few who don't know better and swim up to grab them! Even then, the turtles get right back to eating!

As with the McLuxIII-T, I was not able to convince any of the turtles to give it a try.

They went for the greener grass as it were.

I saw an interesting banded type of eel in a hole in the reef when I was taking some shots of the Ti PD and it would not be coaxed out so I used the light to fill in the shadow a bit.

I uploaded some pics from this visit and one I really like is the following:

At one point, this big guy and two small turtles were all feeding in the same area but one of the small guys tapped this fellow on the head and he moved off. I hung around with him leting the surge bring us in to within feet of the shoreline and very shallow water and then we would drift back out. He would go down and grab some chow while I floated on the surface. Right after the shot above was taken, a wave coupled with his dive brought us together and he pushed off my chest with his fin to gain some room. I could spend hours watching these guys in UW flight and maneuvers. Actually, I think I have!

In addition to geting wet and boring household improvements and furnishings, I picked up an electric scooter that I use to go to the market as well as the beach. Darell will be proud. I have also installed some of Wayne and my new 12V Jupiter LED lights on the front Lanai. In the pic below, all light is provided by Nichia Jupiter LED's. Behind the bushes, out of view, on the lani, is a table where I spend all of my computer time. Barefoot, in shorts and no shirt, I deal with the trials and tribulations of bidness and earning a livelihood. Poor me does not extend past possible financial considerations, IMHO.

OK, back to topic and update. I received the balance of the Ti PD heads yesterday and conversed with the owner of the machine shop making the Ti-PD parts. He plans to have the sleeves done next week. Well that doesn't give me enough time since I return to Berkeley at the end of next week. I have all of the pistons now loaded with H3 vials and it looks like my planned empty luggage will now contain LED's, Ti components, converters, windows,screws, reflectors and probably something I will forget. I will be building the Ti PD's in July in Berkeley. As soon as I have all parts in hand, I will post a new thread and discuss the damn LED bin options and thoughts as well as a notice as to a date I will open a sales thread. I still don't think these lights will all go in so quick a manner that folks will miss out but I will provide an advance notice as I said I would. I want the brunt of them built and ready to ship prior to opening a sales thread.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Wow!! Great pics Don as always! Thanks for the info. Got the 2x123 tubes with the Ti clickies today so I got my fix for the week.
    Carrying a firearm for self-defense gives you great power. Society expects great responsibility from those with great power.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast