Malkoff        

View Poll Results: Would you buy a McLuxIII-T is another run takes place?

Voters
219. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, no way I miss this piece of beauty!

128 58.45%
  • More than 50% chances that I buy one, but can't be sure!

61 27.85%
  • Sure that I won't.

30 13.70%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: McLuxIII-T (titanium) : would you be in if another run takes place?

Default Re: McLuxIII-T (titanium) : would you be in if another run takes place?

Great news Don..I am sure there will be no problem selling them all when they are ready....saving my money now.
    Mmmmm flashlights

Now this is what I am talking about!

Don....if you pull this off (and everyone knows you can), this Ti-PD will be the end-all, be-all EDC light for me. It would satisfy my hunger for another EDC light. Period. I would buy two.

Enjoy your vacation and I look forward to your new designs when you get back!

WP

Enlightened

Talking Re: McLuxIII-T (titanium) : would you be in if another run takes place?

Well, truly fantastic news!! Thanks for doing this Don.
    Phil

Paypal trigger ready, I'm ready to go now!

Well almost just need a few more $$$$$

Ryan

Hey where is PSM?
    Lights were once incandescent. And halogen bulb were great

Omigosh! I'm... gulp, in. But this better be the last light I buy.

Should a PD Ti become available, I certainly would want to be in line!

Karl

Don has said he ordered the parts to make Ti PD's, but there is no order list yet.

Aww man... now I have another thing to start saving up for! This is too much! XD

Quote Originally Posted by GhostReaction

Hey where is PSM?
    Trust me, I am here, I am here.....

Selling blood now. I'm in.
    I'm glad it is dark, half of the time.

I'm ready in a heartbeat. The news that it will be a pd makes it even better.
    Don: I'm over in Martinez and a sea kayaker and your recent pics had my blood boiling !
    Happy to see your images during the miserable weather we're having here at home.

Seriously, I would love to get one of the TI's you come up with. This would be a great addition to my collection and my lifejacket.
    I was going to order when you returned or thru JS Burly.
    I guess the thing to do is Wait a few weeks and monitor CPF. I'm ready to pull the trigger when you return...

Great photography btw.
    Looks like you are getting that d70 figured out. Last few are like pages from Natn'l Geographic.
    best
    Mike
    my gallery at...
    www.pbase.com/draydur
    draydur
    I want to go to bed, ... but it's dark outside !
    current collection: HDS U60XRGT+2x123 tube, SF A2 g and y/g, SF spares carrier.
    Others: Inova Xo3, Photon Freedoms and older, Petzl Zipka headlamp, Streamlight TT 3AAA, Krill glow tube (a very cool thing), many mags

Popcorn Re: McLuxIII-T (titanium) : would you be in if another run takes place?

Quote Originally Posted by McGizmo
    Hi guys,
    There is no line and there is no group buy. The parts on order are for a Ti version of the original PD but with some minor tweaks as well as the Al heat sink as used in the McLux T.

That is a Ti head, bezel ring, sleeve and piston along with clip and clip screws.
    If we're talking about a Ti derivative of a PD you can certainly count me in!

TI PD? Me too, I'm in.

Cliff
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats!
    H.L.Mencken (1880-1956)

Unenlightened

This thread really makes my dreams. I have just received the wonderful Ti bezel (Thanks Don!) and dream of McLux Ti every time I see it. So here I am to be put on the waiting list if there is one.

Thumbs up Re: McLuxIII-T (titanium) : would you be in if another run takes place?

I'll take one, please.

Well Lucky me....Im in front of the line.... Ill take one please....

1. Cqbdude....

Thanks Don.....you rock.....

Ive always known Maui to have some magic energy....

I am going to hold off on getting the HA PD and wait until the Ti becomes avalaible.

colubrid,

You really need to rethink that. What are you going to do until the Ti materializes? Better get both. One must not be that long bereft of Mclux III PD.

WOW. Leave it to Don to go WAY above and beyond when it comes to putting his customers first. With few exceptions, I'm sure that anyone here would have been more than happy to cue up and pay up in advance to assure themselves of a McGizmo Ti creation. And that certainly would have been best from Don's perspective: guaranteed orders, money up front--hard to argue with that. Instead, Don chooses to front the money himself to build enough lights to exceed the expressed demand on this board. The material and manufacturing costs for that many PD Ti's has got to amount to some serious scratch!

THANK YOU, Don... I'm sure I speak for many here when I say that I can't wait to take some of these beauties off of your hands! Paypal locked and loaded.

I suspect I will need to sell my first born child to be able to afford this one.

But I'm still extremely tempted. This sickness has no end.

Anyone in the market for a seven month old baby? The wife will understand...won't she???
    Last edited by dangerman; 03-19-2006 at 05:12 AM.

Cool Re: McLuxIII-T (titanium) : would you be in if another run takes place?

Quote Originally Posted by charlesn
    snip... I'm sure that anyone here would have been more than happy to cue up and pay up in advance to assure themselves of a McGizmo Ti creation...snip
    You're spot on! Perhaps the way forward is for Don to publish a register with all participants paying an initial deposit of (eg) $100 with further incremental payments as the project progresses.

We punters are comforted by knowing that we're first in line for a Ti PD; stage payments are easier on the wallet (and less conspicuous to the wife); slugs of working capital are available when required; and Don has a definitive schedule of volumes and income.

Unenlightened

Me too for a dream come true update McLux III-PD in titanium with sandwitch LED unit accepting future modifications with newer LED and why not with customizing like that one :

Salut à vous deux tino_ale et SUb42-Fr
    Last edited by Tomla; 03-19-2006 at 06:32 AM.

Hey that Mclux PD is infected with some sort of disease. Kewl!
    Lights were once incandescent. And halogen bulb were great

Enlightened

That one was anodized by knifemaker Peter Atwood. Good stuff.
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Piripi
    That one was anodized by knifemaker Peter Atwood. Good stuff.
    Where can I get one?
    ~Mini-Moder~

Quote Originally Posted by Tomla
    Salut à vous deux tino_ale et SUb42-Fr
    Bead Blasting McGizmos - PM disabled, email aoc.paypal (at) gmail.com

Enlightened

As far as I know, this was the only one that Peter did, I believe this is his personal light. I'm sure he will chime in and let us know.
    Phil

Unenlightened

I hope Peter or someone else will explain how to obtain such beautiful finishes, or if Don could customizing himself the future Titanium McLux III- PD upgrade for the members of CPF ?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast