ArmyTek        

View Poll Results: Would you buy a McLuxIII-T is another run takes place?

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, no way I miss this piece of beauty!

130 58.82%
  • More than 50% chances that I buy one, but can't be sure!

61 27.60%
  • Sure that I won't.

30 13.57%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: McLuxIII-T (titanium) : would you be in if another run takes place?

Default Re: McLuxIII-T (titanium) : would you be in if another run takes place?

That is just the Mclux III-T. Have to remember that this next epic light IS going to be a Ti PD.

If this were a line I would be in it.

Enlightened

I know this isn't a line, but I want in for sure. Very excited about this.
    Phil

Flashaholic*

FWIW, Don, I'll take at least one.
    .: I spent most of my money on women and toys. The rest I just wasted :.

From all the great things i hear about this light, i would like one!.

Flashaholic*

I would like to be in. When ever getting in time comes around. Ken

Missed the first run around christmas and thought there won't be anymore 'til this thread. This is such a great news! Never had a PD but been hearing alot great things about it. So hell yeah I would be in for one!
    -N O V E L-

Question Re: McLuxIII-T (titanium) : would you be in if another run takes place?

I have a big stupid question about Ti lights. Do they actually get carried? I know that they are supposed to be hard/durable, but do you pay that kind of bread for the ultimate pocket/EDC durability and then say, Well it is too pretty, too valuable, to be put to use--I wouldn't want to damage it?
    Does any one actually use their McLuxIII-T? It is so beautiful.
    The only way I would buy one would be to buy a PD too. I'd carry the less durable PD (with the Ti clip and Ti bezel ring) and leave the T on the shelf, worship it, pollish it--maybe take it to a black tie affair once in a while. Well, that would be in my dreams--if I owned one I would have to hide it from my wife.
    So I (in my dreams) carry the PD and it gets a few nicks, but if I carried the T instead it would be like Klatu--perfectly fine, and my PD would be pristine on the shelf? So, I should carry the T and leave the PD on the shelf--in which case I wouldn't need the PD?
    You guys are all nuts, but you are the only ones that can help me understand. Please help!

Its a problem with any really beautiful and expensive light - do you carry
    it and risk having it marked up?

I would imagine that with the durability of Titanium, it would be very difficult
    to scratch anyway, and any scratches would probably be so superficial
    that they could be polished out, so I would be inclined to carry this light
    if I bought it.
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

BTW, I forgot to say that I'm first in line for the Ti PD Mclux 27LT
    with V-bin K2 driven at 1amp on high
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobweb Hunter
    Well it is too pretty, too valuable, to be put to use--I wouldn't want to damage it?
    Keep in mind that Don's flashlights are tools. Very durable, valuable, very well designed... But still tools.

My advise would be to USE IT! With care (don't try anything foolish with it), and extra care not to lose it. But use it. Unless you don't have any need for a flashlight? That would be a good reason not to carry it

Enjoy its function, enjoy its design. And see how good it is to own a jewel from Don.
    Bead Blasting McGizmos - PM disabled, email aoc.paypal (at) gmail.com

Flashaholic*

I carry and use my McLux III T everyday in one of Matt's holesters. It is truly a work of art, but also a tool that I use constantly. While I don't want to drop my T (haven't yet), I take a few precautions to avoid damaging it. First, it is securely covered and held in a holester. Second, I've attached a thin wrist lanyard to the clip to allow me the security of it not hitting the ground, if it slips out of my hand. Because I wouldn't want to even scratch up the clip on the light, the lanyard is secured to the light without a metal clip. The lanyard is thin enough that it can be easily wrapped around the light and fits into the holester.

I own a tractor/backhoe which costs alot more than the T and I use it to move rocks/dirt and dig in the ground. Yes, it gets banged up and dirty, but it's suppossed to because it's a machine and that is it's purpose.
    While my T isn't being used like my tractor, it is also a tool and I'll use it as such.

If Don's making more great Ti lights, I'm definitely in for at least one.

I carrry a Ti CR2 Ion as my EDC--in my pocket with other stuff, no less. No major damage yet. My Ti Chamelon is my every night dog walking light. So I definitely plan on using any McGizmo Ti light I can get.

I felt the same way, not using mine a bunch and keeping it "safe," but I soon got over this once I held it in my hand. Titanium is so strong and I mean this by the way it feels and looks, not just its rep. You just know this light is going to perform under whatever you throw at it. I have to remind myself how much it costs so I am on task with it and don't do anything stupid. But Tino-ale is right, these are formost tools and they are the best.

With all this Positive responses, I don't see why not. Especially if it'll be availabe in that 27mm Ti "mini turbo flare" bezel.
    LUX'Ottica

My Mclux Ti is my EDC, it still looks brand spanking new. Not even little hairline scratches appear on this tank!

It gets a bath once a week, man thats my favorite part of the whole week...

In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

You know you are a true flashaholic when your lights bathe more often than yourself......

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan
    It gets a bath once a week, man thats my favorite part of the whole week...

It gets a bath once a week, man that's my favorite part of the whole week. . .
    LUX'Ottica

PSM,

Just curious, what do you bathe your III-T with, regular dish soap, or organic specialty soap, do you blow dry or air dry and do you us any prody?

I use the former of the first two and yes, I use a little krytox blend.

I would so want one if I had the cash handy. :/
    [gearcarrot.com] Collector and distributor of (mis)information.
    The Guide to High-End Lights | Flashlight Story Collection updated Sept 28
    CPF Specials | 4sevens | LED Testing | EDCF | #cpf

carrot,

This is what E-bay is for. Start throwing anything and everything on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe
    PSM,

Just curious, what do you bathe your III-T with, regular dish soap, or organic specialty soap, do you blow dry or air dry and do you us any prody?

I use the former of the first two and yes, I use a little krytox blend.
    Believe it or not I use my Clinique face soap for men while I'm in the shower. It cleans it real well and rinses clean without overdrying the Ti.

No joke, every Sunday it goes in the Shower with me. Its convenient, and easy, you should try it!

Believe it or not I use my Clinique face soap for men while I'm in the shower.
    No joke, every Sunday it goes in the Shower with me.
    TMI

Quote Originally Posted by EricMack
    TMI

Its Face soap!!

I thought we were a family here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe
    carrot,

This is what E-bay is for. Start throwing anything and everything on it.
    Belly button lint, half-eaten carton of Whoppers®, a few empty soda cans... how's that for a start?
    [gearcarrot.com] Collector and distributor of (mis)information.
    The Guide to High-End Lights | Flashlight Story Collection updated Sept 28
    CPF Specials | 4sevens | LED Testing | EDCF | #cpf

PSM,

Nice, I will have to try this.

Carrot,

This IS a start. Good practice.

Hey PSM!

Do you have that Gray Clinique soap case to go with it too?
    LUX'Ottica

Quote Originally Posted by CHC
    Hey PSM!

Do you have that Gray Clinique soap case to go with it too?
    Yep, it really makes the soap last a LOOOOONNNNGG time, with none of that gooey residue too!!

Yep, it really makes the soap last a LOOOOONNNNGG time, with none of that gooey residue too!!
    Hey PSM,

Where do you clip it while you're showering ?

Never mind, I don't wanna know.......

Cliff
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats!
    H.L.Mencken (1880-1956)

Buttrock Re: McLuxIII-T (titanium) : would you be in if another run takes place?

I am in for 1!!!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast