Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Flood with no optical preference

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters

Navck

Enlightened
Really tight spot (Thrower) with a wide sidespill
Crazy idea tho. I dobut thats able to be done with reflectors yet

That and the HDS beam (But if it was a tad tighter with the same sidespill, it'd be nice.)

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Throw (you might need to see far away un-expectedly) and Wide sidespill(for viewing things up close or by your feet like in a woods).

But non-edc I use something that has even medium flood for working on things up close/etc.

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
My ideal is a LED that produces something like the SureFire P60 lamp assembly's beam (G2, 6P, etc.): good sized spot, brightest in the center, with a lot of spill. Anxiously awaiting the Kroma.

Scott

Last edited:

ScottyJ

Enlightened
I prefer the HDS type beam for EDC. I also love the ARC AAA type beam for reading in an EDC setting. I am hardly ever in complete in the woods darkness, if that were the case, maybe something more of a thrower.

greenLED

Flashaholic
My answer would depend on the application. For example, for indoors, a wide flood such as a LuxI Infinity mod I have is perfect - the flood beam is smooth and even - perfect! When I'm outdoors, I prefer something brighter, and preferrably with more throw. A reflector does this nicely, but I don't mind optics at all. In fact the FraenLP and/or the NX-01 are really nice for my outdoor purposes.

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alex and I share the same need, the PR-T is an awsome thrower, I have added the FM34 to give it huge FLOOOOOOOD to go with the PR-T. My PR-T is attached to a McGizmo modified L1 with a DB917 LE. with the FM34 this is the ULTIMATE LIGHT for all beam needs.

but I also have a CR2 ION for close up & and tight fitting work.

Doug
AlexGT said:
I love throw with a big corona to support it. for me the PR-T fill my needs.

AlexGT

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the beam of the HDS I had was perfectly shaped. Right size of sidespill, right amount of light in the sidespill, right size spot, nice intensity in the spot. I don't have it anymore (although a U85 is in the future), and now I have a McLux III PD. The spot is a wee bit more concentrated than I'd prefer, but it's still good. The spot on the Fenix is way to concentrated for my tastes.

I don't care much for optics anymore. They throw nicely, but they suck for closer work. I need a balance.

IonFire

Enlightened
Same here.
Only throw and tight spot. Big throw and "sharp edge" bright spot.

I see pretty well with the little spill that is availible, better then when it flashed back at you from a flood, so i guess tight hot spot with good throw.
That would be my prefered light, not the only light.

IF