I may be moving again *VERY* soon. :(

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I may be moving again very soon, possibly within a matter of days. :(
The reason is we can't afford our rent here and still pay for utilities and food.
Our downstairs housemate has not been paying his rent, and we may not have time to get another tenant moved in in his place.

I don't yet know exactly where I may be moving to, except that it is somewhere in "the north end" (of Seattle). And I don't know exactly when, other than it may be as early as the first part of March. Or it may be never...fingers crossed everybody.

If this comes to fruition, I'll change the address on the ~800 pages of my website, post it here on CPF, email everybody who has an advertisement on my website, and fill out a Change of Address form at the post office.

If I *DO* have to move, I do not know how long I'll be without internet access.

Last edited:

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Prayers sent and as always I hope everything works out for the best.

Try not to let it get you down. Stress is not good for anybody and what will be will be no matter how much we worry about it.

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig, I hope and pray that it dosen't come down to that, and IF it does, I am sure you will find something better. our prayers are with you.

Jeff

Greens_Rules

Newly Enlightened
OUCH, Hope that a persom can move in and keep you from moving.

Never thought of it the way you put it. You would have a TON of stuff to do to keep everything moving along if you move :(

Keep us updated

Rob

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, best wishes. If you do have to move, be sure to grab all of your stuff, no flashlight left behind! :)

If you do end up moving and want to have an easier way to update the info on your webpages in the future by editing one file, just PM me. A SSI file with a embedded tag on the pages you want the info to be inserted could be done. The webserver reads the embedded tag, and then pulls the information from the file (in this case 1 file with your current addrss info) and adds it in before the page goes to the webbrowser.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seemed like just last year that you had to move to a new apartment. That's frustrating that you have to move again so soon! :rant:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
PhotonWrangler said:
Awww, man... :(

I sincerely hope it doesn't come to this. Your downstairs housemate couldn't be pressured to fork over some payments?
Our downstairs housemate does not have a steady job, and doesn't have any money. So getting rent from him would be like squeezing blood from a turnip. :shakehead:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
IsaacHayes said:
...If you do end up moving and want to have an easier way to update the info on your webpages in the future by editing one file, just PM me. A SSI file with a embedded tag on the pages you want the info to be inserted could be done. The webserver reads the embedded tag, and then pulls the information from the file (in this case 1 file with your current addrss info) and adds it in before the page goes to the webbrowser.
I'd still have to run a global search & replace program on all ~800 web pages in order to remove my address and replace it with your code.
I downloaded every web page this morning (some on dial-up, some on broadband), so at least I have *THAT* part done.
Hopefully, I'll just need them for backup purposes, but if I *DO* have to move, I'll be ready to upload everything after I run the global search & replace on them.

I appreciate your offer though. No really, I do!!! :twothumbs:

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Craig...

If I might ask, how much money do you need right away to avoid having to move within the next few days?

Just curious.

drizzle

Enlightened
Craig,

I know the last thing you want to do is move twice but if it comes down to having to leave your house and you don't have a place I have a mother-in-law apartment that you could stay in rent-free for short term until you found something.

I'm using it right now as an office and family room so I would need a few days notice to clear stuff out. The apartment entrance is wheelchair accessible but the bathroom is cramped and not easily accessible. Also it only has a shower, no bath. It does have it's own kitchen. It's on 15th Ave NE at NE 91st so you would have bus access.

Otherwise, if you are not hiring movers I could help you move if I was available. PM me.

Good luck to you!

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Craig...

I`ve got to leave the house. I`ll be back on the computer later this evening.

I`m sure Empath and others will be monitoring this thread as well.

Hang in there!

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
The_LED_Museum said:
His rent is $400 a month for the entire basement, including all utilities, all food, cooking facilities, bathroom priveledges, parking, etc.
That's not too bad.
There must be someone in the Seattle area needing just such a place like that to live.
Plus, he would get 1st peak at a few of your products up for review. :eek:oo:

Edit;
Looks like Drizzle has you covered just in case all else fails Craig. :twothumbs:

Last edited:

Greens_Rules

Newly Enlightened
The_LED_Museum said:
His rent is $400 a month for the entire basement, including all utilities, all food, cooking facilities, bathroom priveledges, parking, etc.

Is there semi parking close by? Not sure of the area. but i am out in that area amost every week, and its hard to find anyplace to park when i am layed over. That poor truckstop on 90 at exit 34 fills up by noon, and it takes the warehouses all day or a few days to unload my truck.

could be a home away from home for me.

Rob