princeton tec shockwave 2

darkhanger18

Newly Enlightened
i recently purchesed a princeton tech shockwave 2 as a cheap but usable waterproof spotlight....i got it in the mail about a week ago, checked it out, everything was fine....today i go to take it out of its box(where its been since i got it) and discover this.....the light looks like it exploded. :wtf: .here are some pics
This is a picture of the back of the light....again...looks like it was pushed out from the inside
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/darkhanger18/DSCN2139.jpg
This is the front of the light where the bezle screws on..
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/darkhanger18/DSCN2137.jpg
I also noticed that the batteries felt somewhat slick...i was using regular duracell C primaries....not sure if i messed up, but the light still works...i have a few other PT lights and this hasnt happened to any of them, so its some what dissapointing. Anyone have any ideas about what happened?
EDIT: if this is in the wrong topic, would one of the mods be so kind as to place it where it might be better answered, thanks alot

IonFire

Enlightened
Sorry man, that does bite when you need a light.

Batteries vented, and she blew.Kind of makes one thankfull most of these dive lights are plastic and not like some other cases, say T6 6061.

So i guess the pellets that are they in some lights are only good for so much expulsion or venting of gas, i wondered how much they could absorb. Figured it was quite abit considering the process. Also most other lights you see blown like this, were usually more then a week old, so i had no idea.

I know it is unlikely, but i would really hate to be the one holding the light like one of them big 20 cell'ed Surefire's and it going supernova on you. 'She might hold enough pressure for one cell, but the chain reaction would win in the end.

Like others have said, good thing for warranties from both the light and battery companies.

Let us know what they say.

IF

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
Normal batteries I belive outgas a little bit of gas under normal use. That is what the pellets are used for. The only way you could keep the light when it outgasses severly is to have a hole that lets the pressure out.

Latest posts