Fenix L1P and L2P on the way

Bozzlite

Enlightened
I am looking for a new light with a big Wow factor. (Gee, I just bought a new TLE-5 and minimag yesterday).

After reading thru these forums I have decided that the best bang for the buck are the Fenix L1P and L2P. I couldn't decide which one to get, so I ordered one of each. Did I do a bad thing? From all the reviews and comments I've seen there are a lot of people who recommend them.

I just need some reassurance and justification for the $97.00 that I just spent.
I promise not to buy any more flashlights after this. Unless I need one.......:whistle:

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy 'em both is a common theme here. The two lights you just bought, though similar in some ways, are different in others. One is very easy to carry in a pocket, one is very bright for its size w a good runtime. I would like to get a L2P myself, it seems to have a pretty good wow factor.

There was a thread I saw today that warns against using batteries that are near their depletion point, as they give off gases and the Fenix is so well sealed that the gases can't vent. Take a look at it.

paulr

Flashaholic
The Fenixes are very well-thought-out, functional lights that are extremely practical and represent terrific value compared to earlier lights with comparable characteristics. But they are not "wow" lights. If you want "wow" in this price range, go incandescent.

Tremendo

Enlightened
paulr said:
If you want "wow" in this price range, go incandescent.
Or get a MillerMods 1.7 watt Fenix L1P. That's my pocket light and pretty much a Wow, especially for 1xAA. Maybe 60-80% brighter than a standard Fenix with a bigger hotspot.

Now the L1P by itself is still a great light. With all I've bought in the past 2 months (check my signature), my wife EDC's the stock L1P and I EDC the MillerMods L1P.

PowerMatt

Newly Enlightened
Mundele said:
Why not use a pin to poke a hole in the rubber boot that covers the switch?

As I asked in another thread, wouldn't removing the tail cap's o-ring be a less drastic solution?

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my L2P and very happy.

It compares favorably with the L1P and is slightly brighter with both new alkalines and with NiMH's.

Worth gettinr for the long regulated runtimes as stated many times elsewhere in the forums.

Love it!

Not much lubrication on the O-rings though.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
tracker870 said:
Nyogel works great on those o-rings.
I got a large tube on ebay from a regular Seller there.
Thanks for the info, but I tend to use silicon stuff I got from a dive shop for waterproofing-seems to work ok and it's in a small keyring type container.