Useful website for cross refrencing LED flashlights

petr0lb0mb

Newly Enlightened
Hi people. :wave:
I've been an occasional lurker here for some time now :popcorn: (But today will be my first post here).

Anyway, in searching the web, I found a site with a sizeable LED flashlight database. The thing I like about it the most is that it has detailed pictures of each flashlight from multiple angles. I don't know if this site is already common knowledge amongst you (Searching the forums here for the domain name, found no match). So I'll post it here incase someone might find it useful.

By the way, details are mostly in Japanese :huh2: but the actual specs are in English.

Home Page Illuminum Flashlight

Thumbs Page http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~JG2T-TJM/fl_011.html

Summary Page http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~JG2T-TJM/fl_012.html

e.g. Detailed Page for uMcGizmo-made HD with 45mm Head ( 1x 18650 Li-ion )

Okay, have phun!

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that's how I wish everybody posting pics and/or reviews of flashlights would do it- all on one page where you can see all of them and compare. I especially like the disassembled views. Thanks for the links!

And welcome to CPF!!

Last edited:

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Welcome to CPF Petr!!! I've seen this website before but never went deep. Those links are great. Who runs/owns this site? They must be a collector too.

I like these from the thumbs page which I've never seen on CPF...

AUNOC AAAA (I want!) --- 2006.2.20

What's this one? It looks great! Hiroyasu's Lighoon 2 --- 2005.2.26 or the Lighoon 3 from Dec/05

or the Silver AA Firstrun (what's that??) ---- 2005.10.17

LED LENSER Vcube ?? -- 2005.8.28

Or the rof factory type1 mini which looks like Ncell size? --- 2004.11.28

Anyone seen any of these???

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
CroMAGnet said:
Hey Welcome to CPF Petr!!! I've seen this website before but never went deep. Those links are great. Who runs/owns this site? They must be a collector too.

I like these from the thumbs page which I've never seen on CPF...

AUNOC AAAA (I want!) --- 2006.2.20

What's this one? It looks great! Hiroyasu's Lighoon 2 --- 2005.2.26 or the Lighoon 3 from Dec/05

or the Silver AA Firstrun (what's that??) ---- 2005.10.17

LED LENSER Vcube ?? -- 2005.8.28

Or the rof factory type1 mini which looks like Ncell size? --- 2004.11.28

Anyone seen any of these???

Lighthound has the Aunoc- saw it again there last night when perusing his site- also saw it a few weeks ago.

I've heard of the Lighoon, but don't remember where- probably on CPF:).

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Great links, petr0lb0mb! Thanks. I just spent the last half hour checking the lights. Welcome to CPF.

Geoff

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
srvctec said:
Lighthound has the Aunoc- saw it again there last night when perusing his site- also saw it a few weeks ago.

I've heard of the Lighoon, but don't remember where- probably on CPF:).
Oh yeah I remember that Aunoc. A Nichia CS 5mm no reflector and over $60 bucks.... That's why I forgot :p

Lighoon loox nice

petr0lb0mb

Newly Enlightened
srvctec said:
Now that's how I wish everybody posting pics and/or reviews of flashlights would do it- all on one page where you can see all of them and compare. I especially like the disassembled views. Thanks for the links!

And welcome to CPF!!

Hi srvctec,

Yeah, the disassembled pics and the reflector/optics pics are what I was looking for when I stumbled on to the site. It looks like they update it regularly which is nice. I just wish they had an English version of the site 'cause it drives me crazy not knowing what they're saying! :eek:oo:

To Morelite,

Thanks for the link. Doug's site is one of the first places I go whenever I find myself in flashlight mode. It's an invaluable resource especially because it's obvious that he's a very up-front and honest guy.

Well, I've got to run but I'll be back when I get a little more free time.

Thanks for the warm welcomes people! :wave:

Latest posts