New Guy with Surefire 12ZM Question

wizard

Newly Enlightened
I recently picked up a pair of Surefire 12ZM's and was wondering if there are any SF lamps that can replace the N62 and eliminate the thermal shutdown feature.

I realize that the 12ZM's are considered "obsolete" by some folks. I got these because they were a lot less expensive than any of the higher output current production SF lights.

My application for these lights is somewhat specific - We have a horse farm and foaling season is approaching. It takes a fairly bright and focused beam to look out into the fields and check on the pregnant mares after dark (as opposed to walking out into the fields, spending a half hour, and disturbing every horse on the farm).

Any help would be appreciated.

Well that was stupid - I was thinking about higher output LED lights and posted this in the wrong forum. My apologies

Last edited:

Monolith

Enlightened
wizard said:
I recently picked up a pair of Surefire 12ZM's and was wondering if there are any SF lamps that can replace the N62 and eliminate the thermal shutdown feature.
Here's what you should consider:

ARC mania 5 watt Turbo Head Module

And if you want to get rid of one those "obsolete" :) surefire's let me know...

Monolith

Enlightened
wizard said:
I can already see that joining this forum is going to cost me a lot of money :broke:
It's an addictive and expensive :broke: hobby.

If you're going to be using the surefires on a regular basis, I would also look into some type of rechargeable battery setup.