Help needed on Pentagon light

lighter

Newly Enlightened
How is the Pentagon light fair........ I'm actually looking at the L2 Luxeon LED Light and X2 Xenon Light from them, can't find the review anywhere about Pentagon. Can anyone help?
Thank you in advance
smile.gif

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a few a while back. I had the X2 and X3 xenon lights and a L2 3W LED. All were very nice. I went through an episode with PentagonLight a while ago when I tried to put the L2 3W head on the X3 body. It was SUPPOSED to be able to work, but it poofed on me. We went back and forth for a while and finally they now say the L2 head will ONLY work on the 2 cell bodies. It was my fault so I can't say anything bad about them.

The L2 3W LED is a very nice light for the money. THe build quality is what I would call VERY GOOD. Not quite Surefire quality but close on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, I'd give them an 8.5 or 9.
THe L23W I had, had an excellent beam with a nice white color, no visible tint. I'd say that is their best light. There was someone on the forums here who did a runtime/regulation test on it and it did quite well. If you get one, I'd get the HA-III version. I believe islandtactical.com sells them at a good price.

Last edited:

magic79

Enlightened
I have an L2...I'll write a review later this evening as I'm heading out the door.

Basically...lots of light, sturdy, but MUCH heavier than SureFire.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have heard that the L2 is nice, but a few problems were: tailcap was unreliable, and it was an ancor (heavy).

-David

lighter

Newly Enlightened
KDOG3 said:
I had a few a while back. I had the X2 and X3 xenon lights and a L2 3W LED. All were very nice. I went through an episode with PentagonLight a while ago when I tried to put the L2 3W head on the X3 body. It was SUPPOSED to be able to work, but it poofed on me. We went back and forth for a while and finally they now say the L2 head will ONLY work on the 2 cell bodies. It was my fault so I can't say anything bad about them.

The L2 3W LED is a very nice light for the money. THe build quality is what I would call VERY GOOD. Not quite Surefire quality but close on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, I'd give them an 8.5 or 9.
THe L23W I had, had an excellent beam with a nice white color, no visible tint. I'd say that is their best light. There was someone on the forums here who did a runtime/regulation test on it and it did quite well. If you get one, I'd get the HA-III version. I believe islandtactical.com sells them at a good price.

Thank you guys for the feedback
goodjob.gif
............ i think i'll be getting one soon

magic79

Enlightened
Hi...sorry I didn't get to post sooner.

The Pentagon L2 is a very sturdy light. It is a very good throw light, with limited side spill. The momentary/twisty cap is very solid and reliable.

It is a heavy light and has no pocket clip. Those points may or may not be negatives depending on your usage. Here is a photo with some other lights.

Left to right: SureFire L1, SureFire E2D, SureFire L2, Pentagon L2.
34644338%3B%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D326%3A%3E4%3B%3B%3E8%3B3%3EWSNRCG%3D323355%3B%3B%3B%3A89%3Anu0mrj

The light is a great buy and is very sturdy.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
cheapo said:
I have heard that the L2 is nice, but a few problems were: tailcap was unreliable, and it was an ancor (heavy).

-David

excuse me... I meant to say that there were complaints about the CLICKY tailcap.

-David