Colored Arc AAA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
Will Arc be making any colored AAA lights again? I'd really love to have a red one...I picked up a red one a while back of one of their competitors and it is very disappointing. The beam is just lousy to the point of unusable. I'd really dig a nice smooth flood of a red Arc AAA.... ;)

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Peter,

I'm so glad I'm not alone on this. I have one of the old crazy bright ARC AAAs in Turquoise and I've been waiting for that LED to be offered in the new AAA.

I can certainly see why there is hesitation about spreading themselves too thin by producing too many variations, but it seems to me that there were hints of new ARC lights in a thread not long ago. At the time I read it I thought that it would be less risky from a business point of view to re-introduce the AAA with additional colors than it would be to bring out a whole 'nother new light.

I want to buy a new ARC AAA -- but I don't want another white one.

Last edited:

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey CM, good to see your post. Will you be coming to the next PHX GT?

Red was not very popular back when we made it. We would sell about 2 a month, which is not worth the cost to keep them in inventory. White, on the other hand, is a no brainer.

I would like to make a UV, like I said earlier. Those sold enough to support the inventory.

Peter

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gransee said:
Hey CM, good to see your post. Will you be coming to the next PHX GT?

Red was not very popular back when we made it. We would sell about 2 a month, which is not worth the cost to keep them in inventory. White, on the other hand, is a no brainer.

I would like to make a UV, like I said earlier. Those sold enough to support the inventory.

Peter
Hi ya Peter. I've got a potential conflict that week and the one before but I'm trying to squirm out of it. I'll let you guys know in Lebkuecher's post as soon as I get it resolved.

Oh well I guess I tried on the red. Though I could use a UV since I lost the one I had. It's 'round the house somewhere, probably with a dead AAA in it by now :(

paulr

Flashaholic
I'd like a red one like the 2003(?) CPF special. That is, red body with white led. Those were very popular and I'm sure they'd sell well. Colored leds have generally been much less popular for understandable reasons.

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
Ahh, that's a good reason not to offer them now. I'm very surprised that they were not better sellers though...thanks for the reply Peter!

mridude

Newly Enlightened
As I mentioned to Merri in an email yesterday. Red LEDs are popular with the military as the red light does not degrade a persons 'night vision' as a white light would do.

J Smith

Newly Enlightened
Mr.Atwood,how about makeing some of those keytons with your logo on one side and the ARC logo on the other with a mosaic pin for ARC to sell on their accsesory page?
BTW I hope you plan on doing some of the keytons with mosaic pins to bring to blade.

Ralls

Newly Enlightened
mridude said:
As I mentioned to Merri in an email yesterday. Red LEDs are popular with the military as the red light does not degrade a persons 'night vision' as a white light would do.

Same goes with civil aviation. As an airline pilot, I wouldn't mind having a red one for cockpit use at night--my Arc AAA-P is too bright.

Gransee said:

If red ones could be marketed directly to the military, I bet there would be enough demand to justify stocking them.

Last edited:

mridude

Newly Enlightened
You know, it also occurred to me that just about any navigation at night would benefit from a red light.
Last year I was out several times with my friend on his father's sailboat at night. He'd use a dim/dying penflashlight to check out the engine's gauges, this was a 30+ year old boat, the gauge lights were shot. I handed him my arc but it was too bright. We were out in the East River off the Throggs Neck Bridge in New York City. You needed your night vision out there, alot of water traffic, floatsome, jetsome, etc.
Other than just to flashlight collectors and hobbiests maybe you could, as Ralls has pointed out, market directly to boating enthusiasts, pilots, hunters, police, military, EMS.....who knows.

Anybody else out there can think of a real world use for a good red LED light?

mexmbj

Newly Enlightened
I also would like a red AAA, hopefully in the brighter lumen count. I have two reds now, but again would like the newer body - and more power. I would also buy five of these. They are indeed good for use at night, which is why I like them so much.

cy

Flashaholic
I've got an original Red ARC AAA available, please PM if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.