Mag switch questions

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been messing with DIY stuff in recent months but still have several questions about switches, particularly some of the mags.

1) For the Mag C/D 'button' clickie, I know pressing it puts a ring in contact with the 2 'plates' and completes the positive flow circuit. Anyone have a drawing or pic of how the clickie works though? It looks like some angled teeth that when pressed, turns a little and locks in position. Pressing again turns the wheel again and unlocks it.

2) Solitaire : My solitaire has been long diassembled and I don't remember how the switch works. Was it screw all the way in to off?

3) Minimag : I believe this is similar to the solitaire, which I'm guessing is screw all the way in to off. Turning it slight anti-clockwise turns the light on and starts to focus it. Question is, how does screwing the head in all the way 'break' the circuit flow and keep the light off?

Is screwing it all the way in 'lifting off' the negative contact plate from touching the flashlight body?

I'm used to Surefire twisties where unscrewing the tailcap to the point there is no contact breaks the circuit. Twisting it all the way in connects the circuit. But I can't really grasp how the minimag's twisting-all-the-way-in breaks the circuit instead.

Thanks for any help! :)

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
The negative bulb contact on the socket has a little metal peice on the top of the bulb holder. This makes contact with the underside of the lip on the top of the body to ccomplete the connection to the neagative side of the battery through the body, tailcap, and spring. When the head is twisted down, it pushes down on the bulb holder, the tailcap spring compresses a little, and the contact is broken between the body lip and the metal contact on the top of the bulb holder.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or just get a Kroll or TCS tailcap switch and not worry about using the "turn head for off" method. These units replace the existing tail cap. Using both provides for extra protection against accidental turn on during carry.