I miss my mom

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I miss my mom, too. Photos

I was with my mother when she passed away, Dec. 3, 2005. I did everything I could for her, but she died anyway. I feel such a terrible sense of loss, deflated, like a balloon. I feel so alone now. I was fortunate to have lived at home during her illness, and was able to get to know my mother very well. She really was the coolest person ever, with wisdom and understanding, a true inspiration. She was able to keep her sense of humor till the end, and to understand the irony of life.

I hope the pain and grief of my loss gets easier with time. Right now it seems to be getting worse. The holidays were not easy for me, and I'm not looking forward to my next b-day.

I started a memorial garden next to the path where we would walk the dogs. It is creekside so it should never be developed. Now I plant whatever flowers I can get my hands on there. That ritual gives me something to focus on, and in the future, something to remember.

Everywhere I go I see people with their mothers and think how lucky they are. At times they can be overbearing and controlling, but no one will ever do more or sacrifice more for you.

I was amazed at the number of people whose lives she touched. She will truly be missed.

Near the end of her life we did whatever we could for enjoyment and comfort. I remember the last thing she really enjoyed was a juicy kosher hot dog fresh off the grill at the local frank shop. I didn't realize that would be the most enjoyable thing of all.

Do you miss your mom, too? Please post here if it helps.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Her pictures are beautiful. I remember last december and have thought about how you're doing. Hang in there Green. :grouphug:

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
You were blessed to have her as a mom and she was blessed to have you as a son. I am sorry for your loss. I pray that your hurt turns to joy one day and that you see her again.

:candle: Keep her memory alive by honering her with your life and her light will always shine on.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Very nice link (pics & text)!! She lives on in you and now a little in those of us who have visited that site and interacted with you as well. Thanks for posting that.

A beautiful woman indeed!

kukula

Enlightened
My condolences greenlight. I know that no matter what anyone say or do, it wont ease the pain your feeling. I hope time heals your pain. Pray. And thank God for givng you such a beautiful, wonderful Mom.

vaism

Newly Enlightened
Clear blue ocean & windswept coconut trees..
You have my condolences too.. I know it's difficult, maybe i think too much sometimes. But i feel really sad whenever i think about the day my mom has to go too. And although it's just thoughts, i still feel a sting deep down. it must be very tough for you.

i found that phrase about life going twice as fast, very insightful, very true. Like waiting for the bus, waiting for someone to call back, and just getting impatient about everything basically. But it's really fast. The years flying by.. If we look back.

Hang on there. Stay strong for the rest of your loved ones around you.