LedLogic STRIKER-VG/any updates on improvements?-YES !

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for current / up-to-date production status .:grin2:

I did my homework on the LED Logic Striker-VG .

Read about it on the ledlogic.com homepage .:thinking:

Studied Quickbeam's review & improvement suggestions on Flashlightreviews.com . (Thanks DougP.)

Did a CPF search for Striker and spent hours reading all the threads & group pass-around reviews.:drool:

This seems to be the only site to buy it at batteryjunction.com for $109.95 + shipping .

IF it's been re-designed / I'm ready to buy .:sold::paypal:

Has anyone bought the Striker recently - or can you answer these questions ?

1. Has the switch software been improved with slow dimming ability ?

2. Can momentary-ON now be used more than 2 seconds ? ( Like indefinately )

3. Can it now be used with other rechargeables rather than just 3.0 to 3.7v Rcr123's .

4. Has the exterior finish been improved & made more durable ?

If anyone could provide an update - I would be thankful . All info appreciated .
:)

Last edited:

taiji

Enlightened
Re: LED Logic Striker-VG./.any updates on improvements ?

I am expecting some newer strikers from LedLogic in a couple of weeks and can share more definitive answers then. Emails from Ledlogic said that the reprogramming of the switch functions have taken longer than expected and the suggestions from FlashlightReviews have been factored in.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Taiji, thats great news.

It appears you are a dealer since you are in touch with Ledlogic . But I am confused , do you have a website ?

What products do you make available ? Do you currently have any Strikers in stock for sale ? Do they work just like the one Quickbeam reviewed ?

Tell me more about yourself and your connection to Ledlogic and what products you have . I am sort of new on CPF and not totally familiar with everyone yet .

Thank you for your reply and keep us all informed on the Striker. Seems it will be popular if re-designed.

Thanx

Taiji's reply to initial post :
taiji said:
I am expecting some newer strikers from LedLogic in a couple of weeks and can share more definitive answers then. Emails from Ledlogic said that the reprogramming of the switch functions have taken longer than expected and the suggestions from FlashlightReviews have been factored in.

taiji

Enlightened

I am not a dealer, just trying to get a groupbuy going. I already have an order going in for the newer version Strikers but I thought that I'd go out of pocket. I have not made an announcement yet because of the time lag between the Flashlightreview's evaluation and the revamping of the switch software. I currently own a Striker with the older switch functions ( as is the passaround unit). stay tuned.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

taiji said:
I am not a dealer, just trying to get a groupbuy going. I already have an order going in for the newer version Strikers but I thought that I'd go out of pocket. I have not made an announcement yet because of the time lag between the Flashlightreview's evaluation and the revamping of the switch software. I currently own a Striker with the older switch functions ( as is the passaround unit). stay tuned.

O.K . thankyou taiji.......Im waiting impatiently .

tron3

Banned

As an owner of Serial number 96, I look forward to a software upgrade.

I wonder if they are still mad at me for my good flashlight/ bad service review? :sweat: But that has since been resolved much to my satisfaction.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast

does the newer version still have that blasted sideswitch?

-David

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

MattK at batteryjunction.com ,

Do you have any updated info on the Striker status .

Is the Striker on your website the new & improved model ?

taiji

Enlightened

cheapo said:

-David

there is no mention of any redesign to the body so I think that the side switch is still it.

tron3

Banned

cheapo said:

-David

In a poll here at CPF (Someone elses, not mine) the rear button won by an overwhelming majority. I'm one of those who prefer the side button. Once I turn on my flashlight, I want it there to instantly turn off or reduce power. If I'm holding my light in the less natural Banana fashion, this doesn't feel as natural to me.

Just why do you guys like it so much?

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast

Taiji,
I'm probably still in for the group buy depending on how the new switch programming pans out.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

Exactly what Zespectre said. My feelings too.

I'm in - but I'm ever so impatient. We've been waiting long enough.

They shouldn't have even released the thing for sale with the switch that poorly designed.

Wish they'd hurry up and get it right !

Last edited:

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast

TooManyGizmos,
I don't know if you read my earlier review (three way shootout) but I didn't really feel that the switch itself was so bad, most of my issue was with how it was programmed.

taiji

Enlightened

well I just received an email from Alan of Ledlogic stating that a new LED circuit is on its' way. I just need to swap it into my current Striker. It takes about a week (maybe a little less) from Canada. I'll let ya all know how it performs, of course.

I am a little impatient also when it comes to things like this but I know that this will be worth the wait.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

zespectre said:
TooManyGizmos,
I don't know if you read my earlier review (three way shootout) but I didn't really feel that the switch itself was so bad, most of my issue was with how it was programmed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yes , zespectre........I read your excellent review.....along with many others , and I totally understand what you mean. It's not the feel of the switch but the control modes that need fine tuning. More step increments and about a 3 second gradual change between low to hi rather than 1 second , I would imagine. And of course the need for continuous momentary activation.

As I said in post #1 , I did a search for Striker and read them all. I was studying them and concentrating so hard I was drooling :drool:. I completely made up my mind that I want one. See thats my problem - once I've made up my mind...........I want it now . Patience is not my virtue. I like the versatility of something like this. I don't want the expense of a lot of lights - I just want 2 or 3 that are flexible .

I also hope they don't sacrafice decent run time in the redesign of this light circuit . I'm hoping for 1 &1/2 hours on Hi. And I certainly hope they make the circuit compatible with rechargeable cell's. Preferably a protected 17670 cell or something better .

I guess we might know in about a week or so. Now I'm getting anxious .............. flashoholism I guess. FA - 3 step program.....here i come .

And thanks to taiji .... for your efforts on this.

Last edited:

Leef

Enlightened

Well, a different Striker question -- it seems to be designed for throw, so how does it compare with Inova's new T5?

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast

As I understand it the T5 beam is nearly identical to the T4 I own. The difference is that the T4 is rechargable and the T5 isn't.

If this is accurate then the Striker toasts the T4 (and the T4 isn't any slouch in that department).

Leef

Enlightened

Interesting. I just got my T5 and have a T4. Their beams are almost identical. So the Striker's even better?

One great thing abt. the T5 (if their claims are true) is the 3+ hr. run time in regulation. It's not a small light, though.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, the Striker has more throw than the T4. In fact the Striker has the most throw of any LED based light I've ever personally used. The downside is since it's photon alottment is all spent on throw there is essentially NO sidespill.