184-Proof Whiskey Usquebaugh-Baul

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I once tried a sip of a 196 proof Polish spirit (not Everclear), and let me tell you, that stuff is strong! One tiny sip and my lips instantly went dry and I felt an immediate, intense warmth in my stomach. I'm sure this stuff will be similar.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was 15, I took four full shots of golden grain chased with water and got on the schoolbus. That stuff burned the hell out of my stomach. I think it was 190 proof. I lived in PA at the time.

I'm on the water wagon now. For me, Alcohol is evil incarnate. Yuck.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, no honest, officer. It's not a flask, it's a large cigarette lighter. Here let me show you how well it burns.

JackBlades

Enlightened
xochi said:
When I was 15, I took four full shots of golden grain chased with water and got on the schoolbus. That stuff burned the hell out of my stomach. I think it was 190 proof. I lived in PA at the time.

"I lived in PA at the time." ?? Is that some sort of demographic excuse? :lolsign:

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
Most anything in the 150 proof on up will have you pretty wasted right quick.

I love single malt scotch. But I have to believe "Usquebaugh-Baul" is named after the sound it's drinkers make, going down or coming up, I don't know... :D

After he died, we had to go through my Grandfather's things. I was tasked with looking through everything mechanical, electrical, chemical, engineering, firearms, or otherwise "dangerous".

He was a mechanical engineer, a shooter, a HAM radio enthusiast, aircraft builder, and insturment rated flight instructor. So as you can imagine, he had lots of interesting stuff.

In his "sock drawer" (Full of tools, bits and pieces of machinery and slide rulers, as well as socks...) was a fifth of Everclear, about 3/4ths gone. The funny thing was everyone immediately knew he had it as a solvent or a cleaner for some little bit of gear he had.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although whisky lovers can place their orders now, the actual spirit will not be delivered for about 10 years.

And people complain about their lights taking a long time :D :D

JW Blue and JW Black is good stuff.. I also drink Jim Beam Black and Chivas.

Everclear on the other hand is rocket propellant or lens cleaner, I don't know ;)

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brings a new meaning to "cask strength."

Actually, I rarely find that I care for whisky (or whiskey) with a high proof since I think it covers up the actual flavors. Warming is one thing but...