Need help with burned out LED bulb

ClarkKent

Newly Enlightened
At least this is what I think is the problem. The light is a Coast keychain light that's slightly different from the one listed in Coast Cutlery's 2005 catalog. The one they list is called V2 Mini Tac Light with a 1 diode light chip and using 4 GA13 batteries. The switch is at the rear.

Mine uses three 357 batteries and the switch is a push-button on the barrel. When it suddenly went dead, I replaced the batteries, to no effect. I then removed the bulb, but it has no markings and I have no idea what type to order. I'm wondering if it's worth pursuing a fix, as the problem might be elsewhere, altho the unit looks so simple (and well made) I can't think what else it might be.

I prefer this light over my Peak keychain light because of the pushbutton switch. With the Peak you have to rotate the head, which is not as convenient. One problem with the pushbutten is that its rubber cap quickly wore out. I replaced it with a drop of Gorilla Glue, which solved that problem nicely. Now I'd like to figure out how to get the old girl working again.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Contact Coast and see what they have to say, may well be covered under warranty. I'm sure your rubber switch cover is. I had a V2 Powerchip(garbage) that wore through switch covers quickly, and were a free warranty item. There was also a spare switch cover in the tailcap on mine, you might poke around your light and find a spare switch cover stashed somewhere. Good luck.

Cheers. :buddies: