sl scorpion and rechargable batteries?

Bucfanmike

Newly Enlightened
Ok so im new here and im also just starting as a corrections officer. I bought a scorpion light today and was wondering if im better sticking with throw away batteries (and if so which ones) or rechargeables. I would prefer rechargeables if there is a good option. The other consideration is I know how i am and im sure this will be a starter light for me. So in the next year im sure ill be moving on to a better light. is this a consideration or will rechargeables that work well in this light work well in any light that uses two 123 cells?

Thanks

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the three 123 cell lights have a viable option in 2 17500 cells but the 2x123 lights are kind of stuck. Some folks will get a 9V lamp and run 2 R123 cells but the runtime isn't going to be outstanding. The other option, if you don't mind an even more yellow beam, is to run a single 17670 cell (or possibly an 18650 cell) on the stock lamp. It's a bit dimmer, but very useful. Personally, I don't mind the yellow as long as it is bright enough for my application.

ubermensch

Enlightened
You can get a Strion bulb and use lithium-ion rechargeables (pila 1868s or possibly 17670 blue cells). It is nice and white, but too narrow of a beam when focused--as I prefer more of a flood beam.