Power outage

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
This morning I had had a nice little power outage... now you might think that its not a problem because its already morning, but my bathroom has no windows, and I had to take a shower.... so I went and got my Amilite Neo T3, put it on candle mode, and lit her up. I could see very well. It had no problem at all lighting up the room. After I was done, the head was a little hot, but not a problem. It did a very good job at lighting the room, and I would recommend it to anyone. It was a really nice opportunity to play with my light (and I mean my flashlight) :)

-David

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
My house currently has no lights in the bathrooms, so every night (or morning if it's dark) when I take a shower, I use the RR 1.5W Lantern hanging inside the shower and one of my lights in bounce mode on the sink coutertop. I've used my Q3, V2, and Aurora 1.5W. All light up the room quite well. Recently I've been using my Xnova 8LED as it provides enough light to navigate around once I'm out of the shower and I have a lot more AAs than CR123As. When the batteries are low in my RR lantern, I put them in the Xnova to drain them (along with any other AA or AAA batteries with little life left from other electronics like my walky talkies and remotes). I actually walk around my house using my flashlights most of the time instead of turning on lights in the rooms and hallway. My fiance thinks I'm weird.

DaMeatMan

Newly Enlightened
It's always nice when a situation presents itself which allows us flashaholics to put our torches to good use, i know it sure makes me feel better about my flashaholism when i have a flashlight on hand for everyone in the household with plenty to spare. ;-) I especially love the reactions i get when people see a bright white LED flashlight in use for the first time, it's always great to see their reactions when you tell them how long those D batteries will provide them with usefull light!

Bozzlite

Enlightened
I have a couple of LED lanterns that I keep for power outages. I seem to have them frequently out here in the country.

The first one I got is a 30 LED lantern from Sportsmanguide.com It has two power settings, and is advertised to run 14 days continuous on the low setting (15 Leds). It has a decent output on high and will light up a 10x12 easily enuff for navigating around. It runs on 4 D cells. Price: $39.00 plus shipping. Comes with a carrying case, claims to be waterproof and floatable. About 2/3 the size of a Coleman.

Last month I went to Target and bought one of the RR Nichia 1.5w camping lanterns. It is much smaller, but puts out about the same light. A smoother, less striated light. Still some striations, but not nearly as much as the SG light. It runs on 4AA cells and is advertised at 8 hours continuous run time. This seems to be a very well built light, but I can't figure out a use for the strobe mode. Price: $19.95 plus tax. Nice lite.

Boomerang

Newly Enlightened
cheapo said:
This morning I had had a nice little power outage... now you might think that its not a problem because its already morning, but my bathroom has no windows, and I had to take a shower.... so I went and got my Amilite Neo T3, put it on candle mode, and lit her up. I could see very well. It had no problem at all lighting up the room. After I was done, the head was a little hot, but not a problem. It did a very good job at lighting the room, and I would recommend it to anyone. It was a really nice opportunity to play with my light (and I mean my flashlight) :)

-David

Dave,

I imagine you stood it candle next to the mirror to best double reflect any light sidespill???

:bumpit:

Andy

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boomerang said:
Dave,

I imagine you stood it candle next to the mirror to best double reflect any light sidespill???

:bumpit:

Andy

why?

-David

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
Back in my pre torchaholic days we used to get power outages of 4-8 hours every few weeks. Since moving house and stocking up on wicked LED lights, I don't think I've had a single night-time power out. Sigh.