Surefire L4 Click Tailcap (z57)

SRacer2000

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone else had issues with the z57 tailcap jamming up on them. I have been through 2 L4s, The first jamed on, The second has to slamed on a hard object to click. I have a replacement on order from Surefire. (Hopeing mine were from a bad batch) Wondering if anyone else is having this issue? Also if anyone knows where I can get the old momentary/twist tailcap for the L4/Ex Series?

Shovelrider

Newly Enlightened
Yes mine is doing the same thing and a another guy in my precinct has gone through 2 caps also and it's starting again. Looks like time to get the 2 stage. Welcome to the Forum.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
When I originally bought my L4, the TailCap that came with it was defective. But I was immediately sent a replacement. When I used it, it worked flawlessly. However, I currently use the McE2s Trim Tailcap on my Light as opposed to the Z57.

zehnmm

Enlightened
After about 2 months of use, early last month, my z57 tailcap on my E2E became stuck and I lost the momentary, on-off functions.

I called customer service at Surefire and they mailed me out a replacement. The only thing is that they sent it by parcel post and it took next to forever, about 2 weeks.

But, that is one thing about Surefire, they do have a no-questions warranty. They did not require me to send the defective tailcap back in. I can still use it, since it got stuck in the on position. I now have it as a back-up.

I also now have an Aleph 2-stage and the Aleph 2x123 body to use as well, which I will attach a KL4 to when it arrives.

SRacer2000

Newly Enlightened
Fixed it! Well for now anyway. I dropped some lubricate in the cap and wham-oh. Clickie, clickie. Just hope it doesn't mess up the rubber.