Surefire L1 for $79.95

Zephyr

Enlightened
Hello everyone,

Just thought I'd share this with everyone; I just received an E-mail from Botach Tactical stating that they have the Surefire L1 Digital Lumamax on sale for $79.95. Unfortunately, they only have it in Red and Green LED. The question is, do I really need one of these?

***Edit***

Oh, and one more thing, it looks like they're selling the old version of the L1's from the looks of it. Not sure though....

Last edited:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't like the color, you could mod it and swap out a different luxeon... :) Could be a fun project.

tdhg566

Newly Enlightened
What applications would require the green light (besides being a comic book character [sorry, couldn't help myself there]
grinser2.gif
). Red I understand.

tdhg566

Newly Enlightened
Which luxeon would you use, where to buy it, etc. Just the LED or LED/reflector or complete head? Would such a project bring the price back to the point where you might as well buy a new one from a CPF supporting dealer?

sgtlmj

Newly Enlightened
tdhg566 said:
What applications would require the green light (besides being a comic book character [sorry, couldn't help myself there]
grinser2.gif
). Red I understand.

Sporting goods chains have been selling green lights with the idea that it is the new hunter's safety color.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
To go a little further off topic, green LED's sometimes work better for map reading and can help to preserve night vision. I use green as much or more than I use red (many of the maps I use have roads printed in red).

But I'm not sure the L1 would be my first choice for a map light.