are humans to dumb to speak to the aminals

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i wonder if they just dont waana talk to us cause we always fight and there like what a dumb creature and one day chilly who happens to be a ape said to mikaleigh het its better we never talk to them creatures who always build stuff they dont need

Outrider

Newly Enlightened
Hi Raggie!

IMHO this is NOT a dumb question at all. The answer is in a book written more than 50 years ago and still in print! - Kinship with all life by J Allen Boone.
Over the years i have referred many people to this book and the stories i get back are just wonderfull. As a quick example, one friend had an ant problem, tried all the standard ways to get them out of his house with no luck. After reading the book, it took him about less than one hour to "get" them to move outside. As for me, one time at a junk yard in less than 5 minutes to make friends with a real junk yard dog that even the owner could not deal with.
God bless ya, Raggei - and keep on keeping on.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
raggie33 said:
i wonder if they just dont waana talk to us cause we always fight and there like what a dumb creature and one day chilly who happens to be a ape said to mikaleigh het its better we never talk to them creatures who always build stuff they dont need

Rudyard Kipling thought so! :)

RadarGreg

Enlightened
I've tried mooing at cows as I drive by, but either they are unfamiliar with my dialect, or they just aren't friendly.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
"King Soloman's Ring" by Lorentz is an interesting read on animal communication.
"Never Cry Wolf" By Mowatt touches on it.
Feynman in one of his books talks about redirecting ants out the same door they came in by moving them on pieces of paper.

Lumenz

Enlightened
I find it odd when people say that humans and animals cannot communicate. When you see a dog wagging his tail with his tongue lolling out of his mouth, do you run away scared? No... you probably go pet the cute little guy. How about when the ears are erect, hackles are up and it is growling at you? Do you give it a big hug? I don't think so.

How many people whistle at dogs to get them to come? How many dogs do this with zero training? How about when you kneel down and put your hand out to a stray dog? Isn't that a way of communicating that you mean no harm?

Humans and animals do communicate... it just isn't usually in words.

Oh, and raggie33... I think you need spend less time pondering what gorillas might be thinking of you.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
"It is an important and popular fact that things are not always what they seem. For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much -- the wheel, New York, wars and so on -- whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man -- for precisely the same reasons."

-Douglas Adams

Cheers. :buddies:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i love dolphins so much they my fav critter well one of em i love em all i guess but dolphins are so funny to watch .ostrches are cool to but there not to smart at all lolo.spiders i dont like at all mater a fact they scare the hell outa me

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I think we could be better communicators with all species, including our own, simply by being better listeners. We've got two ears but one mouth, so we should be listening much more than we speak. Most animals already know this, of course.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ya all need to watch the show i forget name but the guy trains dogs its so good he is amazeing i think his name is cesear

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Anyone remember that Far Side cartoon where all the cows are standing around drinking coffee, a car's coming and one of the cow's yells "Car" and then they're down on all 4 legs looking like cows of course?

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike Painter ; suggesting raggie read Konrad Lorenz's "King Solomon's Ring" -- is perfect! I read that book a dozen times when I was a kid. This was the guy who first wrote about "imprinting" on greylag geese..
Read it raggie!!
Also there's a book called "Ishmael" about a very wise gorrilla, who speaks, read it too.
:twothumbs: