Finally bought myself an Arc-P AAA!

DoubleDutch

Enlightened
The Netherlands - one foot below sea level
It came in the mail today; pretty quick too, directly from Arc, in less than 3 weeks from ordering to my doorstep (6 days to ship, two weeks to arrive).

Well, it is exactly what you folks described it to be. But it's even tinier than I thought. Output is blue and very bright in the centre, with great spill. As Flashlightreviews suggests, and comparing them side by side, its output is very much the same as my PT Attitude, which I think is impressive. Very well machined too. I thought about the Peak Matterhorn for a while, but decided in favour of the Arc for the runtime.

This is a definite upgrade to my EDC. I used to EDC a 2 dollar AAA led and a Photon clone on my keyring (apart from a QIII on my belt). But this certainly is a plunge forward in brightness and reliability. After just a few minutes of adapting my eyes to the dark in my back yard just now, I lit it and it totally impressed me! Now all I have to do is order some Lithium AAA's.

I 've read innumerable stories about the Arc AAA for as long as I know CPF, and there it is in my hand, new version and all. Ahh, small miracles like these make life more pleasant :)

Kees

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
I was just looking at that one being sold in the B/S/T-Lights forum. . .

Way to go on your purchase! Enjoy!

tracker870

Enlightened
Enjoy!
I haven't purchased one of the new versions.
I still EDC my original ARC AAA LE, quick release on a break-away neck lanyard with my ID.

javafool

Enlightened
Of all the fantastic flashlights that I own, I still can't bring myself to leave the house without an Arc AAA in my pocket. It was one of the first lights I bought after joining CPF and I have updated to the current version. I haven't found anything that will completely take its place.

Cmoore

Enlightened
Still the best OVERALL keychain light on the market in my view!

I recently upgraded my 3 plus year old ARC AAA Limited Edition to the current AAA-P. Latter has more of a blue tint to it; but, it's clearly also much brighter. It's a keeper!

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've still got my green ARC AAA on my keychain. Its been there over 3 years now? I can't bring myself to spend the extra cash on an updated one. The one I have already has been great!

BTW... I loved my PT Attitude! It is lost in my house somewhere at the moment.

If this ARC AAA is as bright as that... that is pretty darn good!

Dave Wright

Enlightened
Congrats! A couple days ago mine arrived. Observations:

-- The 80% output increase claim on the Arc site is supported by my measurements of this new light's output compared to my 2003 CPF Edition Arc AAA. So far my impression is that the additional output is enough to put this light in a different category from the earlier AAA. That light didn't have enough output for many situations I encounter. I ended up keeping an FF2 of one of my Arc LS lights nearby instead of a light always on my body. This new AAA may just have enough output. Time will tell.

-- The LED is clearly different. It's larger in diameter, and mounted much closer to the front of the light, which may account for a bit of the total output as well as the spill. I wonder if the LED might be a little too exposed though. It's tip is almost flush with the front of the reflector. Scratch-prone over time?

Cool light!

DoubleDutch

Enlightened
The Netherlands - one foot below sea level
Hi all,

By now I've shown it to some friends and colleagues, and they all react more positively than with any light I've shown them, to the 'cuteness' and crafmanship of the tiny Arc. Also to the brightness as compared to size.

But I haven't told anyone about the price (with shipping)! That would, with most of them, turn the joyful and supportive glint in their eyes to that 'slightly distracted/raised eyebrow/pitying/hint of shaking head' look :)

Even my wife has only a vague notion of what it cost, although she can really appreciate (most of) the lights I have.

Thanks for the supportive comments, guys. You reaffirmed my choice. My Arc wil definitely earn a special place.

Kees