Help needed: Don't know what to get next

lordsaryon

Newly Enlightened
So far, I have the L2P, the RR 2xAAA, and a Dorcy 1watt.

I want a 3 or 5 watt luxeon, and have about $50-$100 to spend on it.

What would you guys suggest? I really want a bright spot, and spill doesn't really have to be all that great.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Since you already have the 1Watts and are looking for the 3W and 5W. . .Have you tried the 1Watt (yes I know it's a 1W) Streamlight 4AA ProPolymer Luxeon? Very affordable and Bright!

Unless you plan to "upgrade" a Mini Maglite by droppiing in the LED sandwich/pill from The Sandwich Shoppe. Those are really awesome in their respective sphere!

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
Some of the Nuwai 3W lights I've bought lately are the TM-115X 2xCR123a two-stage, the TM303X QIII 1xCR123a and the ALX-233C 3-C three-stage plus strobe. They've all been satisfactory although there is some variation in their LED tint. I bought them at low enough prices to try out at least two of each one or you could also buy one and a rechargeable package to fill out your budget.
Since you did mention the RR 2xAAA, I did finally get a really white LED in a Nuwai branded one that had the older style switch button.
I traded tailcaps with one of the blue-white ones that is a spare light at home. So out of 7 of these lights bought as gifts or spares I got 4 standard blue-white, one pink-white, one green-white and the final one white-white.

Bozzlite

Enlightened
Well, if you are willing to wait a few weeks, Mag will be coming out with their 3 Watt 2AA and 3AA mini mags.

Of course we don't know how these lites will perform, but I have a feeling it will be good. I understand that they will be priced at about 25 and 28 dollars respectively.

I personally am going to take a chance on the 3AA as soon as its available.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ohh... I don't think I realized that the 2AA was going to be a Lux III... that's kinda cool for $25... I mean, unless they are seriously underdriven.

lordsaryon

Newly Enlightened
I'd rather stay away from the M@G esp. with the patent things going on right now, and EVEN MORE so if they did it purposefully.