~~Please recommend a CR123A LED light~~

InfidelCastro

Banned
Hello everyone. I'm looking again for a decent CR123A lithium LED light. My Dorcy Super 1W died the other day so I sent it back for a replacement.

I picked up a white Inova X5 from Target the other day, but that went back as detailed here.

I would like a good LED light that has decent throw and flood. Either red or white. And that is pocketable.

CLHC

Flashaholic
I'm sure you've looked into this before, but—how about the Aleph from The Sandwich Shoppe? There's quite a combination to configure one for your needs.

Enjoy!

InfidelCastro

Banned
CHC said:
I'm sure you've looked into this before, but—how about the Aleph from The Sandwich Shoppe? There's quite a combination to configure one for your needs.

Enjoy!

Oh thanks. I meant to mention, less than $50 or so is what I would like to spend. It will be used alot with my G2 at night. I'd like it to be a decent light, but not so expensive that I constantly worry about losing it.

Lexus

Enlightened
The Nuwai Quantum-III is a single CR123A light, less than 50 bucks.
A review of the light is here

Last edited:

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't exclude Chinese-made lights. Many are of quite good quality and offer great performance for the money. The Nuwai Q3, Nextorch Z1, BatteryJunction Iota, and Morpho1 (from CPF member Waion) come to mind.

If you must have a non-chinese light (which I think you'd be losing out on some very good lights), I'd recommend either the Pelican M1 2310 (which can be had for quite cheap now since a new one is coming) and the Inova T1. I personally like the Pelican M1 2310 as it has good output and great throw for the amount of light output and is shorter (but fatter) than the Inova T1. Both are solid, very well made lights.

Here's a review I made of my various lights which include some I mentioned:
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107015

If you don't mind a 2x 123A light, I'd highly recommend the Streamlight Scorpion LED for it's shear output and throw. It's brighter than any of the 1x 123A lights I mentioned above, even the "3W" ones. Great value and performance and can be had for about $40.

CLHC

Flashaholic
I know I mentioned about the Aleph series, but because of pricing, it's understandable that one would possibly purchase these somewhere down the road, though not at the moment. But this is interesting from regarding the Alephs found in the respective forum of McGizmo:

McGizmo said:
There are no plans at present, in place, to re-run the Aleph components. I won't state that the open platform will be completely abandoned by me or Wayne. . .

To play it safe, don't expect any of the Aleph parts to be re-run or re-stocked once they are all out in population. . .a lack of quantity available does not necessarily mean that they are truly all gone.

In my opinion, these (Alephs) are simply among the best 123 powered LED lights out there!

nightshade

Enlightened
InfidelCastro said:
Looks like it's about a $200 light. Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing.

The HA3 version of the FF3 is roughly 125.00 USD. Looks like its gonna be a nice light.