So what I miss?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, ive been gone for quite a while due to studying for highschool admission tests (BRONX SCIENCE HIGHSCHOOL OF SCIENCE CLASS 2010 BABY :ROCKON: heh couldve gotten into stuyvesant too, but i knew i would drop out quick...) Ive skimmed through a few threads, and I am glad to see that Maglite is finally producing LED lights. Anyone know if they are out yet? or when they are to be released? Also, has the angus or whatever computer programmable light been released yet either? Also, anything else important i missed?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
notmuchmags a space bar broke i like mag lights doing the led thing im still waiting for v bin leds

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Mags said:
Ok, ive been gone for quite a while due to studying for highschool admission tests (BRONX SCIENCE HIGHSCHOOL OF SCIENCE CLASS 2010 BABY :ROCKON:
Congratulations from a Bronx Science alumni (class of 1980)! :rock:

Bronx Science was/is a great school. To this day I still remember it as one of the best times of my life. I also made Stuyvesant but I chose to attend Bronx Science for various reasons. Probably one of the best decisions of my life in retrospect. And I got a good edumacation besides.:devil:

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
jtr1962 said:
Congratulations from a Bronx Science alumni (class of 1980)! :rock:

...snip...

OK JTR - I know we've said we have a lot in common, but this is getting silly - I'm class of 80 too!!!

Remember the fire? The time the found the picric acid in the chem wing? The silly frizbee rules? The walk out RE the Coach budget cuts? The manditory programming class (on the HP-1000) during sophmore year? "Welcome to the Machine?"

I missed both the 20th and 25th reunions - forgot about the 20th, did not feel like going to the 25th

My wife used to work with another of our class mates - it's a darned small world

BTW are you Joe, Jeff, or Jim (I'm going to guess Joe)

Last edited:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
KC2IXE said:
Remember the fire? The time the found the picric acid in the chem wing? The silly frizbee rules? The walk out RE the Coach budget cuts? The manditory programming class (on the HP-1000) during sophmore year? "Welcome to the Machine?"
Wow, I remember all that, especially the fire (I spent the time outside waving/flirting with some female classmates who were across the street), and the programming class. What was that teacher's name-Mr. Falk? Did you ever get Mr. Cherry for chemistry? Nobody ever got 100 on his tests, although I got a few 99s. This was until one of my friends who I helped study ended up with 100 the year after. Granted, she did have the benefit of looking at my old tests, but if you remember Mr. Cherry's tests that really wasn't much help. I'm guessing he's gone now since he was close to retirement age when I had him (and a classmate mentioned seeing pictures of him from around WWII wearing the same suit), but it would be interesting seeing him again.

BTW, I'm Joe. That should pin things down a bit since there were only two I think in the class of 1980.

I never attended any of the reunions for various reasons. BTW, who did your wife work with? I wonder if it was someone I used to hang out with.

Last edited:

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
jtr1962 said:
...snip...Mr. Cherry for chemistry?...snip...

BTW, I'm Joe. That should pin things down a bit since there were only two I think in the class of 1980.

I never attended any of the reunions for various reasons. BTW, who did your wife work with? I wonder if it was someone I used to hang out with.

Nah, I had Mr Klinger (the "Double" chem class)

There are only 3 J?Rs in the class, so I know who you are :)

I want to say Joy Shepard - but I'm NOT 100% - say 99% - and Mary is asleep, so...

My "Fun" Sr year classes - STL (aka Astronomy and Astrophysics), Photography, Holocaust Studies (I was the guy who built the models), and Microbiology/heamatology/urinology

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
A bit irrelevant, but I was wondering what video formats the Ipod Video can take. I ask this because I am gettin one on account of being admitted into the school.

carrot

Flashaholic
Anything you can play in Quicktime without extra codecs should work fine. There are conversions programs (at least for Mac, not sure about Windows) that let you change movies into iPod-compatible formats.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, I applied to the Bronx HS O' Science but didn't get in :stupid:
then I joined CPF and that fell out from under me what 2 or 3 years ago? and
I just rejoined a few days ago, so I have missed a LOT too!

It's neat seeing the progress the lights have made in this relatively short time...I get the same kick out of reading a Pop Sci. mag from 1984; living in 2006 I know what new designs and ideas in the magazine endured and which fell by the wayside, and who was 'blowing smoke' and who was right!!

To answer your question; so far I've found great new things happening in the spotlight and HID areas; ie. the Xeray 'Barn Burner' -- I still have a lot to discover though, I too would like to know what the latest and greatest is these days..but it'll take time, reading thru it all...

I looked up the Angus..it's quite lovely...deserves to be in the Modern Museum of Art if ya ask me. I checked the museum collection here;

http://catsearch.atomz.com/search/catsearch/?sp-q=flashlight&sp-a=sp10021fcc&sp-f=ISO-8859-1

and I think they need to update it!
Which new flashlight deserves to be part of the collection, ya think?

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi Mags,

Nice to see you around!

For me, the biggest new scheduled product release is the upcoming SureFire K2 Kroma.

I've pre ordered one, and cannot wait until it is in my hands.

All My Best,
John

jtr1962

Flashaholic
KC2IXE said:
I want to say Joy Shepard - but I'm NOT 100% - say 99% - and Mary is asleep, so...
That name doesn't ring a bell at least as far as people I used to hang out with.

My "Fun" Sr year classes - STL (aka Astronomy and Astrophysics), Photography, Holocaust Studies (I was the guy who built the models), and Microbiology/heamatology/urinology
Mine were AP Chem, AP Physics, AB Calculus. Senior year was my favorite by far since it took me until then to find a way to balance studying with some semblance of a social life. Also had a bad case of senioritis. :whistle:

carrot

Flashaholic
Oh, if we're talking SHOT Show, that's a different story.

Inova:
new X1 with a reflector instead of optics
old XO is now XO2
new XO

PrincetonTec:
tactical 2x123 light, $85

LRI:
Proton is coming soon

Surefire:
K2 Kroma

Surefire prototypes:
miniBeast
Beast II (rechargeable, and LEDs)
1-cell "pocket rocket"
extensible L4-like light that takes 2xAA/2x123/3x123

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
carrot said:
Oh, if we're talking SHOT Show, that's a different story.

Inova:
new X1 with a reflector instead of optics
old XO is now XO2
new XO

PrincetonTec:
tactical 2x123 light, $85

LRI:
Proton is coming soon

Surefire:
K2 Kroma

Surefire prototypes:
miniBeast
Beast II (rechargeable, and LEDs)
1-cell "pocket rocket"
extensible L4-like light that takes 2xAA/2x123/3x123

way to go Inova! and the proton is still not out? Im quite dissapointed.

It looks like Surefire has some good new models.

carrot

Flashaholic
Oops, the Beast II is apparently being offered (as the Beast) on OpticsHQ already. I wish I could afford that.