Cool beamshots!

Flakey

Enlightened
I was hanging out with my friend Kip, who happens to be the manager of a movie theatre. the theater was closing up and we were in the projections area, and i looked into the theater and said, "Ive gotta get some beamshots!!!" unfortunately i only had my U2 and Mag35

U2, movie theater screen:
c9c8e486d43c.jpg

Mag35 1300L
d843208c1cc0.jpg

i wish i had a better camera than my cellphone, but yeah it looked really cool! The projectors use a Short-arc Hid bulb that draws 100AMPS!!!!!!!! he says they have to have film going in front of the lens or the lamp will actually burn the glass! i totally want one in a spotlight! They didnt have a lumen rating but yeah 4004W HID .... you do the math =)

i just thought someone on here would appreciate the shots and story. enjoy!

Delvance

Enlightened
Cool beamshots! Haha looks like your M@g 35-8 is burning the movie screen :grin2:

4004W HID, holy hell =/...burns glass ??? :laughing: i want one too :devil:

Flakey

Enlightened
yeah its air cooled by a big loud-*** fan but freaking awesome, the glass between the projector and the theater reflects enough light from the projector that a mirror image is shot onto on the wall behind it! next time you are at a movie theater look at that screen and see how bright it is and consider that the image is being projected through very dark film, its really cool stuff actually. but yeah 100Amp HID light ..... and AND it has perfect color temerature, as white as possible. i totally want a spotlight with one in it. new tanklight bulb maybe? hehehe

Flakey

Enlightened
:bumpit:

i just want everyone to get a chance to see these. i wont bump again.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats good pic quality for a cell phone. Nice beamshots! How big is that M@g of yours?

-David

CLHC

Flashaholic
Wow. A dark theater movie screen for photo shoots! Now that's something. Neato!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
:awman: Now I have to build one of these in my backyard so I can test lights as well...What a great opportunity! (though I'm not really a white wall hunter, it does have it's "pros" to define beamshape, hot spot, spill, artifacts, tint, & such)...