Coast Cutlery customer service

ClarkKent

Newly Enlightened
Is this an oxymoron, or do I need to be a tad more patient?

Coast Cutlery makes some humdinger lights. I have a Lenser V2 and a 4-color TAC light, and am immensely pleased with both.

I also became fond of the little keychain LED with the side switch, which I prefer over my Peak keychain light that operates with a twist of the head. Can't easily operate the Peak with one hand -- yet.

Anyway, the little Coast light suddenly stopped working. I'm thinking maybe it needs only a new LED bulb, however I've checked with bulb suppliers, and there are waaaaay too many different types and sizes for me to venture there without knowing what specifically to get.

Yesterday I e-mailed Coast Cutlery with my inquiry. No answer yet. Not sure if they list a phone number. If they do, I'll try calling.

I'd appreciate any ideas from others in this who have dealt with Coast.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
ClarkKent said:
I...
Yesterday I e-mailed Coast Cutlery with my inquiry. No answer yet. Not sure if they list a phone number. If they do, I'll try calling..

I would give them a few more days to respond to your email.

A phone number of 1-800-426-5858 is printed on the packaging for the Coast LED Lenser Digi-Tac I.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
You probably clicked on the e-mail link and let it bring up your mail client. Their telephone contact information is listed on their About Us page
http://www.coastcutlery.com/?about=1

You'll usually have to allow some time for e-mail responses, generally 24-72 hours as a minimum. And of course, if you sent the e-mail at some point outside of their local business hours, you shouldn't expect them to respond until they have had some opportunity to get back to their office if you're not dealing with someone operating out of their bedroom/garage.

ClarkKent said:
Yesterday I e-mailed Coast Cutlery with my inquiry. No answer yet. Not sure if they list a phone number. If they do, I'll try calling.

nc987

Enlightened
I wouldnt hold your breath, i e-mailed them last August and have yet to receive a reply......

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
I emailed them they replied in 1 day and sent replacement batteries with in a week,to replace a light that came with dead battery. I had great luck with them. Just last week.

Last edited:

ClarkKent

Newly Enlightened
Update -- I finally called, after waiting nearly two weeks and not getting an answer to my e-mail. The lady was friendly and helpful, told me to mail the old one in and it would be replaced. I got the new one back in about a week. It's very similar to the old one, but some improvements have been added, most importantly a metal side button instead of the rubber cap over plastic, which wore out quickly. I'm very pleased. :twothumbs

Last edited: