LSL-P #010 What's it worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koroit

Newly Enlightened
Hello - I have 5 Arc LS flashlights: (2) LS2 both with the AA battery holder, but not the 123 cap. The next 3 have the regular 123 clicky tailcap: (1) LSH-S, (1) LSH-P, (1) LSL-P. They are all in great shape & work fine. Only 1 of them was barely used. The others have not been used at all. What are they worth? I'm not sure if I want to sell them, but a few people have been asking me. Feel free to email me: koroit (at) hotmail (dot) com, thank you!

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic
Best thing to do is check past selling prices on BST, or post a forsale ad there with a price you're comfortable with. Or there is always CPF Auctions (not very active lately) or even Ebay. Your post looks like a disguised forsale ad with no price specified, which is considered not nice under CPF policy. ;).

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to disagree. :shrug:

I think Koroit is just curious what his lights are worth.
He might consider selling them, but not at this point, since he does not know their value at this moment and if it will bring up enough to part the lights.

But let's not be too hard today... :xyxgun: :touche:

It was only his first post.... :touche:

Cheers :)

Koroit

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for being understanding. I certainly do not want to be rude or improper.

You're right, I don't know if I want to sell them. I thought that this would be the right place to find out what they are worth. If they are worth alot, then I'd probably try selling them on ebay.

Is the number on the LS lights a serial number? Does it mean that the LSL-P that I have was the 10th one made?

I'm trying to decide if I should bring 1 or more of them with me to my opal mine in the outback of Australia - where I would actually use them - or sell them & buy Surefires.

Sorry for my ignorance & thanks for your help!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Yes, that number is a serial number but doesn't mean it was the 10th one made. If I remember correctly, the bezel rings were more or less installed on bezels somewhat randomly.

Someone here will help me out I'm sure. You could leave a note to Peter Gransee himself in the ARC Forum here.

Mini-Moder

Enlightened
Well, this light is unique. I am pretty sure that only the first run of LSH-P's had LSH-P printed on the bezel. I am not sure about this, but read it somewhere (corect me if I am wrong). And also 10 is extremly low, my number is 766.

paulr

Flashaholic
LSL-P #10 is a low number and might be worth extra to some collectors. I had LSL-P's #282 and #336 as factory seconds, I think. I sold them for $60 each while Arc was still around. If I still had them I'd probably use them as mod hosts. It's sort of a difficult question what a low numbered LSL-P is worth. Certainly any working LS series light is worth at least $60 these days, maybe a bit more, and the low serial number increase the value somewhat. LSL-P's were not very popular (everyone wanted LSH-P's) and so today the relative scarcity might also add a few bucks on the collector market. My best guess is you're looking at somewhere in the $80-125 range, not $50 but not $500. I'm not a collector though, and it's a small enough market that we're probably affecting it just by having this conversation.

Oh yes, the AA battery holders are also somewhat sought after. Again, look at old BST listings.

Last edited:

Koroit

Newly Enlightened
Hi - Here is a photo of the bezels of 3 of the lights.

0_ss550_005.jpg

Mini-Moder

Enlightened
It is an LSH-P, so even a high or random number will fetch you at least $130. With the 10 you might be able to get closer to $200 or even $225 if you find a collector that really wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.