RaptorF22 said:
My perfect EDC

Body, Size and quality of the ARC AAA
One AAA Battery :ironic: of course
Brightness of and bean quality of the Fenix L2P

Flat regulation of the UK 4AA eLED

waterproof

:sleepy: Dream is good
you read my mind, the only difference was that i wanted mine in titanium with a standard clicky(the surefire type, not fenix, i hate rubber switches, they wear out too fast), and instead of an arc aaa design, i want it to be aa.:devil: (think about the runtime!!...:drool: ...)

Last edited:

Polar_Hops

Enlightened
a regulated l1p, as bright as the l2p, with a hard anodized aluminum body like the l1+ :)

JJohn

Enlightened
RaptorF22 said:
My perfect EDC

Body, Size and quality of the ARC AAA
One AAA Battery :ironic: of course
Brightness of and bean quality of the Fenix L2P

Flat regulation of the UK 4AA eLED

waterproof

:sleepy: Dream is good

For me it is a two stage AAA light the body style of the Peak Matterhorn Pocket Style with perfect tint, and runtimes of 4 hrs high and 12 hours low. I just don't like angry blue beams and my keychain is full enough.

This should be makeable by someone. Most modders seem to want to build pocket rockets. I just want something useful. I like to slide the light into my jeans coin pocket and not be constantly reminded that I am carrying it. I want it to last long in power failures but yet be bright enough on high to hike with.

John

Sixpointone

Enlightened
This is a very tough question.

Right now I am completely satisfied with my SureFire L4 Lumamax. I have the McGizmo Trim Tail Cap on it at 22 ohm. It is very easy to carry.

I am anxious to get the upcoming SureFire K2 Kroma. And although it is going to be a bit larger than the L4, it does have the potential to become a perfect EDC for me.

Perfectionist

Enlightened
Similar to the LRI Proton but with kick azz K2's and embedded Tritium :D
Maybe also with a Chrome finish :)
Possibly with a built-in Compass on the bottom ?!

jburgett

Newly Enlightened
We are getting close:

Peak Pacific with a LRI Proton tail switch interface!
(with slightly smaller head diameter, and slightly shorter body).

L

LITEmania

a delaer's EDC :)
edc051128.jpg

KL1
VGFB1
Camillus CUDA EDC 154CM

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
jburgett said:
We are getting close:

Peak Pacific with a LRI Proton tail switch interface!
(with slightly smaller head diameter, and slightly shorter body).

I second that motion, oh yeah--add a 3mm red LED in the head somewere for variable output red.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
BentHeadTX said:
I second that motion (Peak Pacific with Proton button interface), oh yeah--add a 3mm red LED in the head somewere for variable output red.

I third that. Peak Pacific CR2/1xAA or Jil Intelli with a button interface. Must have multi-level output and be small.

I have noticed the two camps as far as EDCs go :touche: :
1) Big Surefires to light up the graveyard, jobsite, neighborhood... The type you carry on your belt in a holster for everyone to see,
and
2) the Arc AAA, CR2, 1xAA, 1xCR123 type that want a pocket work/emergency light.

carrot

Flashaholic
Well, I carry the A2 in my pocket... and paradoxically enough, the Fenix L1P rides on my holster. What gives? :shrug:

kennyj

Enlightened
I carry a McLux PD on my belt, and an Arc-AAA P on my keychain.

I'm contemplating adding in a medium-power flood light of some sort for close-range work, with a warm tint, and two stages. This would fully relegate the Arc to backup light status and help make up for the PD's tight beam. Only problem is, I can get the same effect from putting the F04 beamshaper on the PD, which takes up much less space, and space is at a premium for me. It also makes the PD's low-light mode redundant.

I might just come up with a battery carrier that also carries the F04 instead. :shrug:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Perfect EDC huh? Hmmm. . .

10 times out of 10 it's my 3[M]iniMag
8/9 out of 10 it's the McLux.III.PD—This One I'm Particular With! ! !

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I'm a two stage fan. It makes a light much more versatile. I used to think I would want a rechargable that I could slap onto a chargeing cradle next to my cell phone when I got home. I've since decided that I would hate not having my EDC on me all the time. So instead of rechargable I'd want a "remaining charge" indicator.

The perfect EDC size is 3 inches or so, like an E1e or Fenix and less than 1 inch diameter.

slim2_c1.jpg

Daniel