Any BOG/G&P 3W owners care to test my Emillion 3W module?

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Turbo 3W/1W (switchable) regulated (from 4.2V to 10V) LED module from Emillion that I seldom use. I'd be glad to lend it for three weeks or so to a BOG/G&P 3W module owner who would promise to compare them and post beam shots. Any takers?

The-David

Flashaholic, Formerly KE7AYF
Wow this is realy cool of you to do this... I have a BOG 3W but NO fancey equpmint or relay any experence so dout that Ied be much help.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd also be willing... but I'd have to disclose that my BOG module is modded with a TW0K star while many, if not most, of the stock BOGs had crappy SYAL stars.

I don't have any light meters or any ability to do controlled runtimes tests, but I can take decent beam shots.

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh... The pressure! The pressure!
Christo_pull_hair.gif

I'd be willing... if KE7AYF is willing to part with his for a short while...

Feel free to email me at cratz2 at hotmail.com or PM me. I am leaving town in about a half hour and won't be back until tomorrow evening.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
I figured I'd post my reply for all to see:

Christopher,
I had printed your address label and was about to box up the module when I decided to wait a couple weeks: I just noticed that my 3W module has one of those removable springs that allow a Wolf Eyes lamp assembly to work in a Surefire body. This is the only such spring I own, and since I'm starting to test Wolf Eyes amps for a review, I'll be needing it to compare various lamps side by side.

So KE7AYF, if you're "in," please don't send your light till, say, March 20, to give me time to complete my tests before shipping my module to Christopher.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's fine with me... just keep me posted so I know what to be expecting and roughly when.

oracle2

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking forward to the results. I have been undecided in which one to get.
I like the idea of the switch on emillions version as i hope to run it in a G2.

cy

Flashaholic
just to throw a wrench into your best laid plans :D

just got in a G&P 5watt module and it flat performs! nice tint with WO color..

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a G&P LuxIII module, a runtime test setup and several types of Li-Ion cells at my disposal. Pila 168S, JSB 4.2v R123's, some unnamed 700mAh R123's, and some Likki 800mAh 123's.

I could do runtime tests if you want.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
cy said:
just to throw a wrench into your best laid plans :D

just got in a G&P 5watt module and it flat performs! nice tint with WO color..

Yeah, one of the G&P Lux Vs has been on my wish list for a while now... just other things keep coming up.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
chevrofreak said:
I've got a G&P LuxIII module, a runtime test setup and several types of Li-Ion cells at my disposal. Pila 168S, JSB 4.2v R123's, some unnamed 700mAh R123's, and some Likki 800mAh 123's.

I could do runtime tests if you want.
Yes, the runtime tests and your experience doing this sort of thing would be of great value. cratz2, in the interest of CPF, I'll be sending my Emillion module (by March 20) to chevronfreak instead.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ohh... that's fine... I'd definately like to see how runtimes compare which I don't have an objective way to do.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got two of the runtimes done with the 3W Turbo, but I just need to figure out how to switch it to low mode :ohgeez:

You'd think it would be obvious, but I'm just not seeing a visible switch.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Using my LIR123 "800mAh" cells on the low output mode the lux is almost exactly 1/3 that of high beam, but it is running a very very very long time.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ick, this G&P 3W module must be killing the LED. Most of the LED's are very poorly attatched to the heatsink and I'm thinking heat is raping it. So far the lux readings are 1/2 what they used to be!