SureFire E series question.....

Truezach

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought a E1L (entire light, KL1 head) and then a E2L body from Lighthound. Both are extremely awesome, but I was looking into a KL3 head and was wondering if the "EC Bezel Adapter for E Series HA" would work with my E1L and E2L to attach a KL3 head. Sorry I am a SureFire n00b!

Truezach

Newly Enlightened
What do you think the best head is KL1, KL3, or KL4? Or should I just break down and buy them all? What is the beam like on a KL4?

carrot

Flashaholic
Truezach said:
What do you think the best head is KL1, KL3, or KL4? Or should I just break down and buy them all? What is the beam like on a KL4?
KL1 is a spot beam. KL4 is "wall of light" -- not much throw, but lots of light output. Not sure about the KL3.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
The KL1/KL3 (newest versions) has an optic that is meant for throw and not up close work.

The KL4 head offers a flood light with large spot and plenty of sidespill.

The 2 cell SF E series body and tailcap (either Z52 for LOTC or Z57 for clicky) with the E2C step-up adaptor and KL3 head will work.

The KL1/KL3 take from 3-9 volts which means you can use rechargable cells in then either 1X or 2X.

The KL4 MAX is 2X primary 123's or 1 X RCR123 in a E1L body.

It depends on what you want in a light, throw, or sidespill. You can have both with the KL1/KL3 with attached beamshaper, BUT this adds bulk.

If you want, you can put a KL5 head on your E2L body with E2C. This offers the best combo of sidespill and throw.

Jason

WhiteLight

Newly Enlightened
Truezach said:
Or should I just break down and buy them all?

Yep, your going to anyway. You will get one, then wonder about the other until you buy it too. Then you will compare the two and wonder about the third one.

You will just never know until you try them all. Buy them all, sell what you don't want to keep. :)

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Truezach said:
There is a slight chance that the KL4 may not operate on the E1, it has for most though.

Truezach

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the input guys, I think I will try the E2C adaptor, with the KL3 head. I am a throw guy, but I think I may end up getting a KL5 head later. I am just looking for parts since I now have an empty E1L body. So I think I will do the following:

Stock E1L - KL1 Head
E2L - KL3 w/ E2C adaptor.

That sound like a good combo?

Gosh so many choices.....one could lose their mind.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Truezach said:
there is a slight chance the KL4 may not function on the E1, though it will if you use rechargeables.